Episode #14

James D.

I feel kind of stupid for liking FD3 now. Thanks a whole hell of a lot! :P

(Oh, and sorry for that horridly scattered voicemail. It sounded awful to me.)

The animation of Dragonquest is indeed from the same animator as DBZ (Akira Toriyama).

Anyway, Mike, if I was the one who told you that Batman mentioned Robin being in the Titans in a JLU episode, I certainly don't remember it. :unsure: Which is weird because I should be a person who knows every episode by heart from having watched them a million times...

Oh, thanks for calling me super. I feel special. :blush:

Cash, good stuff. But I think your microphone was too close to your mouth or something. There were a lot of "PFF" sounds throughout. Just wanted to point that out.

Another fine episode.

I feel kind of stupid for liking FD3 now. Thanks a whole hell of a lot! :P

My pleasure! :devil:

Anyway, Mike, if I was the one who told you that Batman mentioned Robin being in the Titans in a JLU episode, I certainly don't remember it. :unsure: Which is weird because I should be a person who knows every episode by heart from having watched them a million times...

In retrospect, I doubt it was you, because I think I was told it in person. And since we've never actually met...

Oh, thanks for calling me super. I feel special. :blush:

My pleasure!

Cash, good stuff. But I think your microphone was too close to your mouth or something. There were a lot of "PFF" sounds throughout. Just wanted to point that out.

That might have been may fault. The volume of his segment was a little low, so I had to raise the gain. That could have caused the "PFF" sound you heard.

Thank you, as always!

First time I've listened to the show, Yoda, good stuff.

You definately raised some points about FD3 that I didn't realize, like the whole camera loophole. Still liked the movie as a whole though.

As for your question about when the whole 'gore movement' started, I think it more of less began in the late 70's/early 80's with Tom Savini and his work in Dawn of the Dead and the Friday the Thirteenth movies. It really raised the bar in terms of explicit blood and guts in horror and now it's sort of gone through a resurrection of sorts with movies like Saw and Hostel (not to say they were "good movies", but they definately had that level of violence to them.)

The only difference nowadays is that pretty much all of Savini's work was in practical casting and makeup as opposed to the work in say, Final Destination 3, which is about 90% CGI.

But yeah, good show definately. Wish I would've registered here sooner.

Thanks for the feedback and for joining the site.

Great point about Savini! His FX really raised the bar in terms of both quality and goriness.

Now I don't want anyone thinking I'm anti-gore. Quite the opposite really. I just don't like gore for gore's sake, which is what I'm seeing nowadays.