The masked man in CW#4

JackFetch

I just wanted to hear some theories on who this masked person is.

maskedqf5.th.jpg

He has the same blue eyes, and has almost the same head position as Bullseye from the last page.

bullseyejy2.th.jpg

The problem is that there would have to be such a convoluted story for it to be him that it would be too unbelievable, and why would he hide his identity?

He could be the real Thor, since they did show a close up of the clone for some reason. Does anyone know what color eyes Donald Blake has?

thorbq3.th.jpg

Alot of people think it's Frank Castle aka The Punisher. I hope it's not, because that's too easy. Also, why would he wear a mask? He never did before.

pun105zp0.th.jpg

Is that even him in the picture? If so, then the eyes match.

What are your theories?

Nick Fury is waiting to make his move. God forbid his face be seen before he's ready for that to happen. The eye thing: he's had it repaired or had himself cloned. Perhaps it's a life model replica.

I just see Fury as an underground kind of superspy. I have a feeling he'll be assembling an army of hjis own and kicking all kinds of ass when he returns. Both Cap and Iron Man deserve a good whupping if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

Fury. They've been building up his return in "New Avengers".

Plus, it would be out of character for Captain America to accept a murderer like the Punisher on his team. Yes, characters evolve over time, but this would be too much of a departure for CW writers to pull off.

• 2 months later...

As you all probably know by now, I had it wrong. It was Punisher after all.

Plus, it would be out of character for Captain America to accept a murderer like the Punisher on his team.

I was wrong here too.

Check out Civil War #6 - everyone stayed in character. Well done.