Xbox: Round Four

Missy

Xbox: Round Four  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Burnout Revenge: Awesome adrenaline rush, but I prefer Burnout 3.

Jade Empire: Try as I might, I just couldn't get into it.

Ninja Gaiden Black: As a harder, expanded version of Ninja Gaiden it succeeds, but it suffers from being a beefed-up remake.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: I'd rather stab my eyes out than play this.

Steel Battalion: Did anyone actually play this? Hell, could anyone afford to play it?

Man... of these, Burnout gets my vote: really great game, but, for my money, not as good as its predecessor.

Burnout Revenge: Yeah, maybe I should have put Takedown on here. I don't know, either way, it's not getting my vote.

Jade Empire is the best US-made RPG I've ever played, and chances are, you haven't played it. Just a gorgeous game that really made KOTOR look horrendous by comparison.

Ninja Gaiden Black is a weird case. It came out so soon after the first game, but improved on a lot all the same. I sometimes forget the original even existed and honestly forgot this was a remake when I put it on the list.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: what Mike said.

Steel Battalion: I added this as a major dark horse. I guarantee that I'm the only person here that was dumb/crazy enough to buy it. It takes you 15 minutes just to start up your mech. THAT'S HARDCORE.

Jade Empire. It's not going to win here, but I just want to show it some love.

I was going to null, but now I have to vote for KOTOR.

Please explain to me how that makes any sense. I'm assuming you were going to null because you haven't played all of the games in this round? And that you're only now voting because KOTOR wasn't winning?

I was going to null, but now I have to vote for KOTOR.

Please explain to me how that makes any sense. I'm assuming you were going to null because you haven't played all of the games in this round? And that you're only now voting because KOTOR wasn't winning?

Well, according to his post, Yoda hasn't played everything, either. And he voted, so I don't feel bad about it.

As for what I haven't played, it was Jade Empire (waiting for the PC version, although I've seen enough of it to know that I'll probably prefer KOTOR) and Steel Battalion (which you yourself admit nobody else has played, I'm not a mech sim fan anyway, so even if I had played it, I doubt it would sway my vote).

So get mad that KOTOR will win because it got an extra vote if you want to, I don't care. But I call shenanigans if anything other than Jade wins because you probably are the only person who HAS played everything.

Still though, why didn't you like it?

You'll notice that I only vote in the rounds where I've played three or more of the games, such as this poll where I played four of 'em. So I think it's fair to vote as so long as you've played a majority of the games in that round.

As a Star Wars fan and as someone who would not be able to resist the temptations of the Dark Side, I really wanted to like KOTOR because of the ability to be swayed either way. But, Idunno, it was just too slow and boring to start. Great concept, that I'll admit, but the execution didn't appeal to my tastes.

battle system was a pain

I don't get this at all, really. The default settings are a little annoying, but d20 is incredibly adaptable. The XBox controller was a little iffy with it at first, but once you got it down it worked great (IMHO, at least). I'm not sure what you expected, though. If you wanted turn-based control you could get it (just check pause after every round), but it's too tedious for my tastes, as you could just queue up commands in real time.

I'll admit that beginning pacing is a fair criticism. The opening planet does seem like it takes forever, but you do need the plot exposition (plus, the swoop racing minigame is pretty cool). It gets a lot better once you get your lightsaber and more of the supporting cast.

Steel Battalion: I added this as a major dark horse. I guarantee that I'm the only person here that was dumb/crazy enough to buy it. It takes you 15 minutes just to start up your mech. THAT'S HARDCORE.

No you weren't, I loved this game and it's what I'm voting for. I loved how if you didn't eject from your mech, and you ended up dying, the game would actually ERASE your saved data, making you start all over.

I just wish Capcom would have incorporated the cotroller into another game.

You'll notice that I only vote in the rounds where I've played three or more of the games, such as this poll where I played four of 'em. So I think it's fair to vote as so long as you've played a majority of the games in that round.

Whew that's what I originally thought would be ok like at least 3 or more would be cool. (hell I never heard of Steel Battalion) I got a little worried with what some other people earlier in thread made it seem you had to play them all. I was like whoops i should have nulled vote in almost every poll...

KOTOR was the first rpg I ever played. Loved it, played it twice but after playing the dark side warrior(very well, I might add) playing the light side consular was so damn hard.

Yea really being evil is easy, its just kill, kill, kill. When your on the light side you tend to have to give money to everyone, I was so broke...