What about...

Overload

Aww schnapp, I knew that too and just didn't think about it at posting time! Good work with the correction.

That does remind me of the old cartoon series. I was fond of it. Radd decides to find only suitable planets without the intelligent life.

Was that what he did in the comics too, or did he just sacrifice himself for his planet's intelligent life?

I don't actually recall ever reading a definitive origin/transformation tale for SS. If somebody could name books for such a tale, I'd love to look it up.

Aww schnapp, I knew that too and just didn't think about it at posting time! Good work with the correction.

That does remind me of the old cartoon series. I was fond of it. Radd decides to find only suitable planets without the intelligent life.

Was that what he did in the comics too, or did he just sacrifice himself for his planet's intelligent life?

I don't actually recall ever reading a definitive origin/transformation tale for SS. If somebody could name books for such a tale, I'd love to look it up.

From what I recall he sacrificed himself became his herald and in exchange Galactus didn't munch on his world. Didn't Terrax became a herald then gave the ok to Galactus to feast on his homeworld?