Final Fantasy Chronicles: An Introduction (or Back to the Future)

RSS

There's this goal I have as a gamer, one which will help me understand a genre and franchise I've overlooked my entire life. On paper it's a simple goal, but in practice it will take hundreds of hours to accomplish. "This goal," you ask, "what is it?" I aim to beat every installment of Final Fantasy in order.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/columns/sims/final-...y-chronicles-01

Sounds like a great idea for a series! Hopefully my upcoming review for FFXII doesn't get in the way. ;)

It won't "get in the way" at all. In fact this series isn't so much review-based, as it is more based on what I learn about myself as a gamer along the way and the "Hey, that was cool" / "I fucked up" moments.

If you've already played FFV, you've got nowhere to go but up. Far and away the worst of the series...

I liked V. :unsure:

Everybody has different opinions of which Final Fantasy is the best and which is the worst. It sounds like a pretty interesting idea, although I imagine it will take quite some time to complete. I’ve always thought of going back and playing the Final Fantasy entries that I’ve yet to complete, but I doubt I’ll ever get around to it.

I’m curious though, are you going to actively avoid reading reviews for the Final Fantasy titles while you play the series?

I imagine it will take quite some time to complete.

Since the first six games are on handhelds, I can play them on the train to and from work. Couple that with time spent playing before bed and we're probably at about two hours per day. So I should be able to cruise through about a game a month. Once I'm through with those, however, things will hit a wall. Not only are the 3D games longer than their 2D predecessors (or so I've heard), they're also not portable. That time spent playing on the train is crucial to finishing this project, but I'll have to cope.

I’m curious though, are you going to actively avoid reading reviews for the Final Fantasy titles while you play the series?

While I'm not going to seek them out, I won't avoid reviews either.