The Anime Music Videos Thread

Kscriv

This thread is for the AMV nuts that watch and/or creat way too many of these things (the line for too many is 1) here in this thread is for talking about and sharing good (or bad) AMV's that you have discovered, or kicking ideas around for future projects.

I will link up to some good (at least in my opinion) AMV's later once I get back to my place in the city with the good internet connection.

I am warning everyone now I have a lot of (mostly bad) ideas that I'm probably going to pitch in this thread and see if I get any responce for. First off, would Pokemon work with Queen's "We Are the Champions"?

Yes it would.

Anyways, I love well done AMV. 'Concept' AMVs especially. In the glory days of DBZ AMVs, that was what was big(see: Kids Aren't Alright by the Offsrping set to the future Trunks special). The song would fit perfectly with the theme of the video. I don't have it anymore, but I made a DBZ AMV about Vegeta's death that was basically redoing the scene from Cowboy Bebop where Spike gets thrown out of the church window and has those sepia colored flashbacks, just with Vegeta and his life. Too many nowadays are just action timed to the down beat. I don't like that. People should get songs that fit the scenes, not just songs that they like.

The thing with my AMV's is they will never have special effects until I can get a decent program. Which is fine because it makes me go that extra mile and a half to make sure it's watchable. I'm going to make one more S&M video with Windows MovieMaker ("Of Wolf and Man" with Wolf's Rain), but after that, I think I'll wait for a new computer before I make the 3rd video in the series (because I may need to use special effects for "The Thing That Should Not Be"/"Fuel" video I have planned).

Meanwhile, I'm going to make a Ghost Stories video to "The Ghost of Stephen Foster" by Squirrel Nut Zippers and a Detective Conan video to "Doin' Time" by Sublime.

• 3 weeks later...

I have told you time after time. If there is ANY song for Hellsing Ultimate, it is "Bow Down to the King" by Motorhead, Killing in the Name (as much as I like it) doesn't sync up as well IMO.

Okay, for a Romeo x Juliet AMV, would you like...

Silverstein - Already Dead

Blink 182 - Always ("I've been here before a few times, and I'm quite aware we're dying")

Any version of You Raise me up (The OP for the show is a Japanese over of this song, and it rules)

Okay it is finally time for...Kellen's ridiculously oversized Potential AMV's to be made list

All the AMV ideas I have bouncing around (that I can remember right now.) Tell me what you think and what you want to see. Listed Anime - Artist - Song

Oh my Goddess - Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You

Romeo x Juliet - Silverstein - Already Dead

Sailor Moon - Lisa Lougheed - Run With Us (I dub this the Canadian Otaku Nostalgia Trip)

Sailor Moon - Poison - Every Rose has its Thorns (Refrain from the rotten fruit throwing please)

Neon Genesis Evangellion - Guns 'N Roses - Coma

Death Note - Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder

Hellsing OVA - Motorhead - Bow Down to the King

RahXephon - Meat Loaf - It's All Coming Back to Me Now

RahXephon - Guns 'N Roses - Estranged

Saikano - Matthew Good - Weapon

Saikano - The Tea Party - The Messenger

Kaleido Star - Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly

Ginban Kaleidoscope - Brittany Spears - Lucky (So sue me, I'm a fan of pre-slut Brittany)

Ouran High School Host Club - The Moffats - Misery

Koi Kaze - Guns 'N Roses - Sweet Child of Mine

Koi Kaze - Backstreet Boys - How Did I Fall in Love With You

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - The Killers - When You Were Young

Gundam SEED - Our Lady Peace - Life (Set Around Lacus)

Gundam SEED - Europe - The Final Countdown

Gundam SEED - Avril Lavigne - Nobody's Home (Set Around Flay)

Gundam SEED - Seether - The Gift (More Flay)

Gundam SEED - Silverstien - My Heroine

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - The Living End - Roll On

That's all for now, more will be added at a later date (probably tomorrow)