John Rambo (Rambo IV)

Dread

I agree. It would have been a much better story had he died at the end, but then they would have been able to make huge amounts of money off the sequel.

And that's what it is all about.

It was a better story when he died at the end. It was also a better story when he killed all those rangers who were after him. Too bad the screenwriter didn't like Morrell's novel.

They could have used a zombie in Rambo. Hell, every film could use zombies.

Amen. Howard's End would have been sooooo much better.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok well, as long as it has been that this film has been out in theaters I suppose most people reading this saw the film and have their own opinion on it already and I'll probably have a few who disagree and may have a lot of good points to disagree, but I enjoyed this film more than I thought I would. I mean when I went to see Rocky Balboa I had a lot of faith in the film already, and actually got annoyed whenever someone would make a joke about it, but was thrilled as hell when the film came out because it turned out to be one of the best sequels in the series.

Well, Sylvester Stallone seems to have been born again when it comes to his writing and characters, he isn't hitting too many strikes lately. His last few movies before Rocky VI, were literal bombs, so what can a man do in ties like that, but bring back gyarenteed winners. Well instead of just bringing this character back, he actually took the character and made him interesting again. This film may not be considered the best sequel in the series(that honor goes to First Blood II), but it ends the series on a high note that Rambo III sadly didn't seem to do.

The action sequences are fast paced, leaving you on the edge of your seat. At times we get some seriously shocking, making it feel like we're watching a documentary unfold(thos who saw it will know what I'm talking about, WOW). When Rambo begins to really get involved in the action, man does he show you why he's been isolated from everyone. No matter how old this man is, he still has the strength, brains and resilance of his First Blood self. I like how Stallone incorporated the alternate ending to First Blood in this film, something that hasn't really been done before(a similar thing happened with T2, but without the alternate ending of part 1 being seen).

The strength of the character of Rocky is that he is everyman's man, with all the world swinging at him and you feel bad for him and cheer him on when he begins to fight back. This is somewhat the same with the character of Rambo, he's a broken man, someone who has seen and possibly even committed some of the worse acts a human being can do, but he has a heart. This is where you feel bad that he still hasn't found peace within himself. Stallone knows how to write action, but only with characters who have drama.

The ending of the film, was a somewhat surprise. A character like Rambo is the type that in reality will die at some point in some sort of battle. Having the character live, I'm not sure if that was the choice of Stallone or the studio. Stallone has stated for a fact that we will not see Rocky or Rambo ever again, so by letting Rambo live doesn't seem to be something that would make sense. In Rocky VI, we are left with a choice of whether Rocky died or lived. With Rambo, we have him live, no doubts.