What music are you listening to?

ragernok2002

I’ve really gotten into Mike Patton’s work in the past year or so. I haven’t heard much of Tomahawk, but I’ve enjoyed most of his other work, and I want to hear how a mixture of traditional Native American music with metal and jazz would sound.

Did you hear that Patton provided his voiceover for the new first person shooter The Darkness? He does the voice of The Darkness itself, so I’m guessing he’ll be doing his full repertoire of grunts and growls.

I’ve really gotten into Mike Patton’s work in the past year or so. I haven’t heard much of Tomahawk, but I’ve enjoyed most of his other work, and I want to hear how a mixture of traditional Native American music with metal and jazz would sound.

Did you hear that Patton provided his voiceover for the new first person shooter The Darkness? He does the voice of The Darkness itself, so I’m guessing he’ll be doing his full repertoire of grunts and growls.

No I did not know that. If I had any time for video games I'd be all over that but sadly I do not...

Other great Patton albums:

-California by Mr. Bungle (especially the song "Retrovertigo")

-Director's Cut by Fantomas

-Music to make love to your old lady by by Lovage (Handsome Boy Modeling School featuring Dan the Automator and a slew of others)

There are many others too but these are good starts.

Patton also came out with an album called Peeping Tom in the last year or so, which I dug.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that one. A great album but for me, it was a little too hyped up in my mind. It was years in the making. Although I find it kind of cool that that whole collaborative process was done by people who for the most part never saw each other. They just emailed tracks back and forth.