Episode 134

RSS

I tried one of these out for the first time and liked it a lot. Not that I have money for any of these, let alone that book that Mike's trying to save single-handedly, but I now see why there's a separate podcast to accompany the weekly column.

No more Dread Media? That's a shame Des, but you've put in a good innings!

No more Dread Media? That's a shame Des, but you've put in a good innings!

Thanks, Ian. I really liked doing it but I just don't have the time with various projects and a family to submit any more segments to E2 The Show. After all, I've got nine more months of Countdown and a whole whack of IIWY's to do as well. That Mike keeps me busy I tells ya!

Thanks again for the warm remarks.

After all, I've got nine more months of Countdown and a whole whack of IIWY's to do as well. That Mike keeps me busy I tells ya!

Why don't I have Reel Dread 44? Oh, I know why. It's 'cause you're too busy yappin away on the Internet. Unplug your modem and get back to work. :grumble:

The comics featured in the Is It Wednesday Yet? segments are ones that have yet to be released. Most of the time if you're hearing the show on a Tuesday, the comics we're speaking about will be released that Wednesday. There have been exceptions, however. Some of the Top Cow books we've reviewed didn't come out for an extra week. That was poor planning on my part, but they were still early reviews, so it works out.

We're sent these books by the publishers because, if the reviews are favorable, the idea is that you'll then at least flip through them at the comic shop and hopefully buy them.

Due to the nature of the segment, we're not going to review comics that have already been released, so in that regard suggestions are out. However, let's say you're curious about New X-Men but don't want to risk the cash. You can ask us to cover an upcoming issue on The Show to inform your curiosity, and we'll do what we can to cover an issue.

But let me say this: we can't review advanced copies of DC comics. They don't distribute preview copies. Indy comics, Dark Horse, Marvel, Image and so on are doable, however.

on a completly unrelated note, Mike you forgot to mention TMNT came out on DVD today when you were mentioning this week's DVD releases.

Did it?! Shit! The website I glean new releases from didn't list it. Damn. If I remember, I'll mention it in episode 135.

on a completly unrelated note, Mike you forgot to mention TMNT came out on DVD today when you were mentioning this week's DVD releases.

Did it?! Shit! The website I glean new releases from didn't list it. Damn. If I remember, I'll mention it in episode 135.

cool. just thought it was odd it wasn't mentioned. the dvd is great as well and i thought it could use the bit of extra promotion.

I don't pay you to sass mouth, boy. :youlose:

Woah! Wait here. I get paid? :shocked:

I get paid in magic beans.

Mmmmm...magic beans....

In all seriousness there will be no Reel Dread next week. I put three times the amount of time and effort into this week's and it's split in two anyway. Plus I'm canoodling with the rich and famous (Mike and Jenny) in Chicago this weekend. Look for an exhausted RD the next week!!!