Episode 03

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick unleashes Dying in the Gutters, a new segment of which he only names during the show! Spoiler-free reviews of horror comics abound in this cavalcade of cracking voices. BOOM! Studios, Devil's Due, Dark Horse... are any publishers free from his wrath? Well, these three are, because they do good stuff. Tunes include "A Marine Biologist" by The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, "Setting Fire to Sleep" by The Dillinger Escape Plan and "Scream!" by The Misfits with Michale Graves on vocals. [ 39:22 || 18.0 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_003.mp3

Okay, I finally got to listen to the full show, so here are my thoughts.

- You talk very softly. So softly, in fact, that I need to boost my iPod's volume to the max to hear you. You may want to raise your level (just yours, the music is fine) before uploading the show.

- No offense, but you rambled a bit during this one. Some light editing (e.g. removing bits when you chastised yourself for messing up) would streamline the show.

- As always, I love the blend of content and music. Keep that up! My only suggestion, in that regard, would be to theme the music, sort of like you did with American Werewolves last week.

- I also appreciate that your show has been very diverse thus far: movie and music reviews, interviews, spoiler-free comic book reviews. By changing the focus each week it will prevent the show from getting stale.

- The last few minutes were layered with kudos. They're great to hear for the people involved, but could become boring for others. You might want to scale back on those; a simple "thank you" will do.

Your voice didn't sound shot at all, by the way.

Okay, I finally got to listen to the full show, so here are my thoughts.

- You talk very softly. So softly, in fact, that I need to boost my iPod's volume to the max to hear you. You may want to raise your level (just yours, the music is fine) before uploading the show.

- No offense, but you rambled a bit during this one. Some light editing (e.g. removing bits when you chastised yourself for messing up) would streamline the show.

- As always, I love the blend of content and music. Keep that up! My only suggestion, in that regard, would be to theme the music, sort of like you did with American Werewolves last week.

- I also appreciate that your show has been very diverse thus far: movie and music reviews, interviews, spoiler-free comic book reviews. By changing the focus each week it will prevent the show from getting stale.

- The last few minutes were layered with kudos. They're great to hear for the people involved, but could become boring for others. You might want to scale back on those; a simple "thank you" will do.

Your voice didn't sound shot at all, by the way.

Cheers!

The off the cuff conversational thing I wanted isn't working out the best so I'll be doing notes from now on.

I'll boost the mic's sensitivity and the volume to see how that works.

The voice seemed to clear up during the first few minutes of the show so that was nice. It sounds worse on IIWY the next night though...

Themed music kind of happened a bit there but it will be a bigger part of future shows. I can't promise the seemless transitions like show 1 but I will probably interject some uncleared music here and there...i'll hole up inmy house with a shotgun if the man comes after me. They'll never take me alive!!!

I'll agree with Mike about the closing the show bit. You start to draw things to a close, stating your voice, and then the show doesn't end for another 10 minutes later!!

That aside, some good content again and it's always nice to hear about Ice Hockey! I used to love it back when I lived in Banff but I barely get a look in nowadays as it really isn't big over here! :(

I'll agree with Mike about the closing the show bit. You start to draw things to a close, stating your voice, and then the show doesn't end for another 10 minutes later!!

Yeah...after listening the last ten minutes were a little grueling. I'll streamline it in the future.

That aside, some good content again and it's always nice to hear about Ice Hockey! I used to love it back when I lived in Banff but I barely get a look in nowadays as it really isn't big over here! :(

Lived in Banff eh? Charming the local ladis at the ski lodge were ya! I know people like you... ;)

Belfast has a fucking wicked hockey team. One of the local coaches here last year actually coached that team a few years back. Best hockey team not in Eastern Europe.

Lived in Banff eh? Charming the local ladis at the ski lodge were ya! I know people like you... ;)

I worked more in a town-based hotel, cleaning rooms. But on my days off, I did charm the ladies by falling off my snowboard repeatedly!!! And I did get across to Vancouver and Vancouver Island - you live in a beautiful part of the world, sir!!

I worked more in a town-based hotel, cleaning rooms. But on my days off, I did charm the ladies by falling off my snowboard repeatedly!!! And I did get across to Vancouver and Vancouver Island - you live in a beautiful part of the world, sir!!

Cheers.

What I saw of the UK when I lived there impressed me. London is nucking futs but I'd be right at home in Dublin or Glasgow for sure.