Star Wars DVDs

AP: Do you pay much attention to fan reactions to your choices?

Lucas: Not really. The movies are what the movies are. ... The thing about science-fiction fans and "Star Wars" fans is they're very independent-thinking people. They all think outside the box, but they all have very strong ideas about what should happen, and they think it should be their way. Which is fine, except I'm making the movies, so I should have it my way.

Exactly. The changes are still not a big deal to me, and considering the amount of his life he's invested in these films (He fronted up the entire Empire and Jedi budgets...that shit's insane), he's MORE than welcome to make changes.

The box set is AWESOME, by the way.

• 1 year later...
Star Wars Due Again on DVD

The original trilogy will be available in a limited-edition set in Dec.

September 28, 2005 - On December 6, 2005, Fox Home Entertainment will release the original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD in a new limited edition three-disc set. The collection, which arrives in stores a little over a month after the release of Star Wars Episode III - The Revenge of the Sith, will feature new artwork, modest bonus features and a handful of Easter Eggs on each disc. The versions included in this set are from the 1997 re-release, although no information is yet available about whether the films will feature the revisions made at that time, or simply contain the same (additional) revisions and changes made for the 2004 release of the trilogy on DVD. The set will be packaged in a cardboard slipcase, display the formatting of the films - either widescreen of full-frame - and retail for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $49.99.

The Star Wars Trilogy (3-Disc) Limited Edition DVD set will feature the following extras:

* Star Wars: A New Hope

o Feature film presentation

o Commentary by George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher

o Easter Egg: credit roll

* Empire Strikes Back

o Commentary by George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher

* Return of the Jedi

o Commentary by George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher

Additionally, the fils will all feature Dolby Digital 5.1 EX, Dolby Surround & THX, as well as Spanish and French subtitles.

Stay tuned to IGN DVD for more news and information about this and other exciting DVD releases!