Symphony and Animetallica, part three

RSS

James Deaux returns with the third installment of his wildly popular Symphony and Animetallica AMV series. This time he juxtaposes Metallica's "The Thing That Should Not Be" and "Fuel" with clips from When They Cry / Higurashi and Akira. Warning: Mature content [ 12:18 || 258 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/videos/deaux/sympho...etallica-03.wmv

I feel I might as well explain my video.

Higurashi is maybe the most fucked up anime I've ever seen and that's saying something. Basically, you have this town, Hinamizawa, which is not unlike Silent Hill. The little town is watched over by a demon god who, for lack of a better description, is inside every resident of the town who was born there. When something happens to even remotely threaten the town in any way, the demon god will manifest himself inside one or more of the residents to stop the threat...at any cost. Usually this leads to dozens of people dying and that includes the children whom the demon uses to drive off said threat. Basically, the residents of the town all have demon blood inside them, no matter how young or old they are. And the only person who tries to stop this demon god (unsuccessfuly, I might add) is a boy who moved to the town a few months earlier. (He's the one with the baseball bat and the axe!) What makes it difficult for him to take action is the ones who constantly try to kill him are his friends, and most of the time, they don't even know that they are under the demon god's influence.

The other thing with the series is, there are several story arcs. A story arc could end with several of the main characters dying, and then in the next story arc, they are perfectly fine. It's very Tarantino-esque. Supposedly, there is a second Higurashi series that was made to explain all of the confusing plots, but because Geneon went under, we may never get to see it. Hell, there were still two series 1 DVD's that never came out because of Geneon's downfall.

So, I felt the song "The Thing That Should Not Be" fit the anime perfectly, given its Lovecraftian inspiration. I wanted to make a music video that would scare the shit out of people with squeamish stomachs. I took special care to match Hetfield's maniacal laughter to scenes in the series.

As for "Fuel" and Akira, I think that one is pretty much self-explanatory. :devil:

For Part IV, it'll be "The Memory Remains" and the modern rock masterpiece, "No Leaf Clover".