Eternal Sonata

RSS

It has been years since I delved into an RPG, despite the fact that RPGs may very well be my favorite genre of video games. The last RPG that I completed was the underwhelming Xenosaga II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose back in 2005. The closest I came to buying a new RPG since then was one of the Legend of Heroes remakes for the PSP about a year ago. However, after reading many mediocre reviews of that series, I decided not to buy them. Truthfully, I'm not sure why I never took a chance on any of the dozens upon dozens of RPGs that have come out in the last two years. Maybe it was because I was hopelessly looking for something to match the unbridled joy I get every time I play through Xenogears, which to this day is still my favorite video game ever. Well, I never found that kind of ecstasy again, but I did find a game in late 2007 that really caught my eye - Eternal Sonata for the Xbox 360.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/v/eternal-sonata

I wouldn't expect a ton of video game reviews from yours truly as they really aren't my forte (no pun intended) when it comes to writing, but I'll chip one in every once in a while. Although, one of my future Tranquil Tirades articles is going to be on a relatively recent video game.

Thanks for the feedback, gents. :happy:

EDIT: 2,000 posts~!

Can't really add much to the above glowing praise, James! But damn it, I'll try!

.....I like that you grade out of 100! Even if that sounds jokey, it does at least define scores better than out of 10. If I have several Comic Reel-lief films rated 8.5, I'll simply order them in terms of preference and explain the positioning when I do my Top 10/15/20 list. Your way is much easier in that regard!