Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

I think I caught a couple hiccups in DW's Initiative #10 review... :angel:

Dan Slott knows what he's good at, and doesn't disappoint in bringing the laughs early on (curiosity of Slapstick and Ant-Man)...

With only one more installment left in this story, I'm mildly interested in what's to. But if this book is any indication...

Everyone is really hitting stride with these lately, though, and it's become a great collaborative piece. I love that we don't always share the same opinion of these books, and that we each have such a distinct voice and style. It's clear that nobody's ill-informed, either, since we're frequently citing the books we grew up on and comparing the new crop to them.

In short, it's really a great feeling to be a part of these right now. :bowdown:

Remember John Ostrander's Suicide Squad? Warren Ellis sure does.-Dan Toland

Is there a quote of the year award? If so, we have a winner.

Great job all around guys. It keeps me away from The Last Defenders, that's for sure. Marvel just seems to be doing the most uninteresting shit with the most interesting idea they've had in decades.

Great job all around guys. It keeps me away from The Last Defenders, that's for sure. Marvel just seems to be doing the most uninteresting shit with the most interesting idea they've had in decades.

Yeah, it's a total rehash. A fun one, one that I really enjoyed, but a rehash nonetheless.

Remember John Ostrander's Suicide Squad? Warren Ellis sure does.-Dan Toland

Is there a quote of the year award? If so, we have a winner.

Appreciated, sir, but I can't take credit. I'm hardly the first person to notice the similarities between the two.

To my defense, that Initiative review was the last of about a half dozen reviews I wrote in one sitting and I was running on fumes by then.

Mike's had to fix much worse from me in the past, of this I'm certain.

And did I sleep through being knighted? I don't mind, I'd just like some armor.

Everyone is really hitting stride with these lately, though, and it's become a great collaborative piece. I love that we don't always share the same opinion of these books, and that we each have such a distinct voice and style. It's clear that nobody's ill-informed, either, since we're frequently citing the books we grew up on and comparing the new crop to them.

In short, it's really a great feeling to be a part of these right now. :bowdown:

What he said.

While I'm sorry not to be getting the Des 'n' Emperor Mike show this week, it's seriously cool to be reading more from drq and DW.

While I'm sorry not to be getting the Des 'n' Emperor Mike show this week, it's seriously cool to be reading more from drq and DW.

Wait 'til Friday. As part of Earth-2.net: The Show 199, Des and I spent 30 minutes reviewing Witchblade #116.

Holy crap!

The moment I've waited for finally came!

>>My ire even spreads to the letters page. I'm always happy to see the return of the letters page in comics, but not when it's being hosted by what appears to be a brain damaged child with far too much sugar in his system. Assistant Editor Tom Brennan is trying way too hard to be wacky. He needs to calm way down.<<

That's right, I've been reviewed by an internet geek! Now I truly feel a part of the fine noble organization I've been a part of lo this past year. Yes, this is the plight of my chosen profession. I'm a part of the system now!

...WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME, INTERNET? OR EARTH-2.NET'S DAN TOLAND?!

Someone I gave a bad review to is bitching about it on his blog! I've arrived!

HOLY CRAP, THAT'S AWESOME!

How did you find this? You should send him an e-mail!

I was showing someone at work how to use Google (seriously) and I put in my name. Lo and behold, there I was.

Truth is, I remember thinking when I wrote this that I might have been harsher than I needed to be. I was in a firestorm of rage over the book and I was just throwing it at everyone involved. On the other hand, I'm reading this kid's blog, and he obviously can write, which brings me back to the question of why he seemed to be trying too hard to write in a style that obviously didn't suit him in this case.

HOLY CRAP, THAT'S AWESOME!

How did you find this? You should send him an e-mail!

I was showing someone at work how to use Google (seriously) and I put in my name. Lo and behold, there I was.

Truth is, I remember thinking when I wrote this that I might have been harsher than I needed to be. I was in a firestorm of rage over the book and I was just throwing it at everyone involved. On the other hand, I'm reading this kid's blog, and he obviously can write, which brings me back to the question of why he seemed to be trying too hard to write in a style that obviously didn't suit him in this case.

Ha! Nice.

That Google thing is funny. We use Outlook for email in the school district and our Special Ed counsellor came to me today saying she couldn't find her new email as of Feb 21st. I was perplexed to say the least until I went to her office and taught her to scroll up.

We use Outlook for email in the school district and our Special Ed counsellor came to me today saying she couldn't find her new email as of Feb 21st. I was perplexed to say the least until I went to her office and taught her to scroll up.

Glorious! :bowdown: