The Sci Fi Channel is Destroying My Soul

RSS

The story opens in a boardroom in the offices of the Sci Fi Channel, June 2007. Along both sides of a long conference table, channel executives fidget nervously and spit angry recriminations at each other. Suddenly, the double doors swing open, and network president Bonnie Hammer angrily storms in. Her twin hellhounds circle her, growling and snapping at any production assistants that might wander too close.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/columns/toland/sci-fi

Oh, please let me know if the formating is wonky. Since we've never published a "script" on Earth-2.net, I had to play with things a little. It was tested on Firefox, IE and Safari, and it looked fine on all of those, but maybe I missed something.

Oh, please let me know if the formating is wonky. Since we've never published a "script" on Earth-2.net, I had to play with things a little. It was tested on Firefox, IE and Safari, and it looked fine on all of those, but maybe I missed something.

Looks fine from here.

Incidentally, Bonnie Hammer was replaced as the president of the Sci Fi Channel two months ago. It's early yet to tell how, if at all, things will change over there, but I have to be somewhat hopeful.

Oh, yeah, we're really excited about this one. It's called Sharkopod; we have a creature that's half-shark, half a totally different kind of shark.

I completely lost it after that line.

Freaking awesome, man.

Will you have my babies? No seriously, take them. I need to sleep.

That was the shit! I even could have done without the commentary at the end. It was very satisfying.

Funnily enough during the whole Sharkopod nonsense, I said to myself, "That could be the next Mansquito!"

Lo and behold...I don't get The SCI FI Channel, but Mansquito is a legend.

Will you have my babies? No seriously, take them. I need to sleep.

Ha! Been there, done that.

Funnily enough during the whole Sharkopod nonsense, I said to myself, "That could be the next Mansquito!"

Lo and behold...I don't get The SCI FI Channel, but Mansquito is a legend.

It's incredibly easy to make fun of Mansquito... which is why I did it... but the fact remains that sometimes you want cheese. And if you do, Mansquito has it in buckets. It's terrible - don't get me wrong - but that doesn't mean it can't be fun in the right frame of mind.

That was the shit! I even could have done without the commentary at the end. It was very satisfying.

Agreed. I don't feel the ending hurt the article -- it added more thoughts, such as the C\Net stuff -- but I almost asked Dan if we could end the column with THE END.

That was superb. I really liked the commentary at the end as well, a lot of that was just as funny as the script, plus is gave me some background on the potential of the channel as opposed to its current form. This needed to be in there because its easy to bash something without offering solutions of your own.

God damn I hate the new Flash Gordon.

I really liked the commentary at the end as well, a lot of that was just as funny as the script, plus is gave me some background on the potential of the channel as opposed to its current form. This needed to be in there because its easy to bash something without offering solutions of your own.

Good point!