Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

Every week I say the same thing, but I mean it each time: these are getting better and better!

Dan: When read alongside the previous two issues, Ultimate Human #3 makes sense. That said, as a standalone book, it doesn't work. This was a prime example of writing for the trade.

DW: The art in Ultimate Fantastic Four was terrible from start to finish. It's akin to the guys who were ripping off Jim Lee back in 1995, except worse. Everything was flat and utterly lifeless, even the apocalyptic scenery.

drqshadow: Yup, the Spider-Man in With Great Power... feels like he's from another reality. He's fucking, drinking and generally acting like an asshole. The way they're going, Peter won't forgo that lifestyle upon Ben's death, he'll fall deeper into it for comfort. As someone who liked the first issue, I'm no longer keen on where the book is headed.

Good stuff this week. It reinforced why I'm dropping New Warriors & definitly pushed me towards dropping Mighty Avengers, at least until I think something worthwhile is going to occur or Bendis decides to go back to being himself and also gets some art that isn't rushed.

I dropped Black Panther a while back but I'm interested again now. If it wern't for my anti-Storm bias I's probably pick this issue up.

I sound like a broken record, but this was another great column. I love being part of this thing and being able to write up against these guys. I always look forward to reading the other gentlemen's reviews; it's seriously one of the highlights of my week. Dubs, drqshadow, awesome job all around.

It reinforced why I'm dropping New Warriors

It's the opposite for me. Now I want to read New Warriors. I love Medina's artwork, and I want to see if I can "pinpoint the precise moment [he] loses interest."

& definitly pushed me towards dropping Mighty Avengers, at least until I think something worthwhile is going to occur or Bendis decides to go back to being himself and also gets some art that isn't rushed.

Round about the fourth or fifth issue I decided to make Mighty Avengers a "wait for the trade" book.

I dropped Black Panther a while back but I'm interested again now. If it wern't for my anti-Storm bias I's probably pick this issue up.

From what I gather, Storm isn't in this issue.

Each month an issue of Black Panther is reviewed, the guys talk about how good it is, but I can't force myself to try it. Maybe now that he's away from the FF and back in the Marvel Universe I'll give it a shot... but I don't know.

From what I gather, Storm isn't in this issue.

Each month an issue of Black Panther is reviewed, the guys talk about how good it is, but I can't force myself to try it. Maybe now that he's away from the FF and back in the Marvel Universe I'll give it a shot... but I don't know.

The thing is that I know Storm will show up if I start getting it so why bother?

I've picked up Black Panther on and off as long as Ive been buying comics but its never been a long-run thing for me. I've got a lot of the Kasper Cole version issues from back when T'Challa abandoned his role a few years back, as well as the first 6 issues of the relaunch.

That's awesome.

Hope any increased exposure doesn't lead to me getting death threats from Howard Chaykin, though...

Oh, shit, yeah. Dude'll be on your front steps waiting for you when you get home tomorrow.

Oh, crap! Warren Ellis! Noooooooooo! :shocked:

That's awesome.

Hope any increased exposure doesn't lead to me getting death threats from Howard Chaykin, though...

Oh, shit, yeah. Dude'll be on your front steps waiting for you when you get home tomorrow.

Don't worry, Dan.

He's crippled, a smoker and probably drunk. You can outrun him.

That's awesome.

Don't worry, Dan.

He's crippled, a smoker and probably drunk. You can outrun him.

A, I have difficulty outrunning people who are sleeping. In shape? Not so much.

B, I'm pretty certain that if Warren Ellis put his mind to it, he could destroy me with but a thought.