Episode 209

RSS

While reviewing Daredevil: Blood of the Tarantula, Marvel Adventures Iron Man #12, New Avengers #40, New Warriors #11 and X-Men: Legacy #210, one of the hosts decided that a certain book could... mate with itself. But there's only one way to discover which book received the profanity-laced score: download the show. [ 55:43 || 25.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_209.mp3

I've only reviewed one Mike Carey X-book, and it was... okay. At best. I assume (and Des, please correct me if I'm wrong) that Des will stop crapping on X-books when the X-books stop... what's the word? Sucking. I actually assume this has something to do with editorial fiat; good writers will come on the X-books and churn out garbage. Robert Kirkman's another one. I'm not sure it's the writer, but the editors whose hands are on the wheel.

I've only reviewed one Mike Carey X-book, and it was... okay. At best. I assume (and Des, please correct me if I'm wrong) that Des will stop crapping on X-books when the X-books stop... what's the word? Sucking. I actually assume this has something to do with editorial fiat; good writers will come on the X-books and churn out garbage. Robert Kirkman's another one. I'm not sure it's the writer, but the editors whose hands are on the wheel.

Someone has to get Des the back issues or the Supernovas, and Blinded By The Light trades so that he can stop bashing Mike Carey's X-Men. It always kills me everytime an X-book goes up for review and Des tears it apart.

All I know of Carey's Marvel work is that he has yet to write an issue of an X-book that I have come anywhere in the vicinity of enjoying and he completely ruined Ultimate Fantastic Four and anyone who disagrees doesn't like good comics.

All I know of Carey's Marvel work is that he has yet to write an issue of an X-book that I have come anywhere in the vicinity of enjoying and he completely ruined Ultimate Fantastic Four and anyone who disagrees doesn't like good comics.

Anyone who says The Dark Phoenix Saga is overrated dosen't like good comics.

Anyone who says The Dark Phoenix Saga is overrated dosen't like good comics.

Haha! Touche!

I don't dislike it, I just get angry when people hold it up against stuff like Watchmen. Good but not in the same league.