Cash needs help getting back into Spider-Man

Missy

Okay, so Cash PM'd me earlier this evening and expressed an interest in getting back into Spider-Man. My initial reaction was to have him read Ultimate Spider-Man, however, he wants to stick with the original universe. So I thought about it for a few minutes, and honestly could think of a good jumping on point nor could I tell him what the Hell is going on. Between Ezekiel Sims, the Spider Gods, Loki and Doctor Strange, even I'm bewildered.

So, friends, I come to you and ask that you help Cash regain his Spider sense. (Oh, man! That was a bad joke.) Fill him in, and make suggestions on where he should jump aboard.

I recommended Marvel Knights Spider-Man (by Mark Millar and Terry & Rachel Dodson) if only because the art is phenomenal and it's a new title.

• 1 month later...
Help Cash! He will love you all in a very platonic way. :wub:

Get a copy of the "Coming Home" trade, going over ASM (vol. 2) #30-#35. It's the best Spider-Man story in twenty years, and brings you nicely up to speed as to what is going on in Spidey's life. The great writing by J. Michael Straczynski and even greater (and career best) artwork by John Romita Jr. is the clincher.

If you want to go back to the beginning, I believe Marvel has books that have spiderman comics in them in order, like one book is issue 1-50, one is 51-100, I'm not sure if that is the actual issue count per book, but you get the idea.

That would be the Essential Spider-Man Vol. 1-6.

Vol. 1: Amazing Fantasy 15, Amazing Spider-Man 1-20, Amazing Spider-Man Annual 1

Vol. 2: Amazing Spider-Man 21-43, Amazing Spider-Man Annual 2-3

Vol. 3: Amazing Spider-Man 44-68

Vol. 4: Amazing Spider-Man 69-89

Vol. 5: Amazing Spider-Man 90-113

Vol. 6: Amazing Spider-Man 114-137, Giant-Size Super Heroes 1, Giant-Size Spider-Man 1-2

The best part: These can be purchased for around $15 each. However, they are in black and white. But what do you expect for $15?

If you want to go back to the beginning, I believe Marvel has books that have spiderman comics in them in order, like one book is issue 1-50, one is 51-100, I'm not sure if that is the actual issue count per book, but you get the idea.

That would be the Essential Spider-Man Vol. 1-6.

Vol. 1: Amazing Fantasy 15, Amazing Spider-Man 1-20, Amazing Spider-Man Annual 1

Vol. 2: Amazing Spider-Man 21-43, Amazing Spider-Man Annual 2-3

Vol. 3: Amazing Spider-Man 44-68

Vol. 4: Amazing Spider-Man 69-89

Vol. 5: Amazing Spider-Man 90-113

Vol. 6: Amazing Spider-Man 114-137, Giant-Size Super Heroes 1, Giant-Size Spider-Man 1-2

The best part: These can be purchased for around $15 each. However, they are in black and white. But what do you expect for $15?

Black and white, huh. Strange, because the ones I saw in B&N were color.

Black and white, huh.  Strange, because the ones I saw in B&N were color.

Then you saw something else. There is a brand new and totally awesome Ultimate Spider-Man Collection (a B&N exclusive), but that's not this. That's, as the title suggests, Ultimate Spider-Man and collects Ultimate Spider-Man 1-39 and 1/2 with a $50 price tag.