Adam West Batman "New" Special Features

?

He couldn't possibly own the rights to that?

He doesn't own the rights to the series. All the special feature material will be new material all done by him. The only thing that will delay the release will be finding a distributor. Think of it as an Extras disc all by itself, Like the Psycho Documentary and Jaws documentary coming out. He wants to make sure he's still around to give fans an updated POV of the series from him. It will also present itself as an Episode Guide, chronicling each episode in a behind the scenes way.

I wish Fox would just sell the right s over to WB, they rightly own Batman, even the campy one. Ugghhh

I never understood how Fox can released the movie, but not the series. Either way, WB and DC own Batman. Can't WB sue Fox for releasing the movie?

?

He couldn't possibly own the rights to that?

He doesn't own the rights to the series. All the special feature material will be new material all done by him. The only thing that will delay the release will be finding a distributor. Think of it as an Extras disc all by itself, Like the Psycho Documentary and Jaws documentary coming out. He wants to make sure he's still around to give fans an updated POV of the series from him. It will also present itself as an Episode Guide, chronicling each episode in a behind the scenes way.

I wish Fox would just sell the right s over to WB, they rightly own Batman, even the campy one. Ugghhh

I never understood how Fox can released the movie, but not the series. Either way, WB and DC own Batman. Can't WB sue Fox for releasing the movie?

Can't do that, Live action Tv rights were signed to Fox.

But what I don't get is this. Batman: The Movie(1996) is essentially 4 episodes in one movie. Fox has released it on DVD and video, even though WB and DC own the rights to Batman. The TV Series isn't being released because of this. It makes no sense

There'll be some different kind of distribution deal in that it's a standalone movie, I'm guessing.