Episode 272

RSS

There's something different about Is It Wednesday Yet? this week. The show is being released on a Tuesday. Both Des and Mike are present. And five comic books are being covered: Action Comics #869, Cable #7, City of Dust #1, Civil War: House of M #2 and Scalped #21. Wait! Were there two DC books in there? [ 1:01:32 || 28.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_272.mp3

Guest DCAUFan1051

I loved Dean Cain as Clark/Superman

it was similar to Christopher Reeve's portrayal but not making fun of it

I was skeptical of John Shea as Lex Luthor in that series but after a while I came to like him. I'm actually getting the L&C DVD's for xmas

While Reeve is my favorite overall Supes as far as live action we can't count out Tim Daly and George Newbern from DCAU :D

I also hope that Smallville puts Welling in the costume to end the Series.

It isn't a matter of liking / loving Dean Cain as Superman, it's more about who people see when they think of Superman. During the show I said that some people might see Dean Cain, because that's who they grew up with. However, Des was right when he said most people will think of Christopher Reeve because it's his Superman that's become a pop culture icon.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I can agree with that.

I was just saying that Dean Cain's role as Supes/Clark wasn't as bad as say Routh. At the time we'd only had the Superman films and there was nothing on TV live action superman. Then L&C came along and I thought it was the 90's iconic superman live action Tv Series.

of course until 2001 when Smallville came along but that's an arguement for another day and thread. :D

I would argue that Cain was, by far, the worst Superman. His Clark was just fine - he was cast as the lead in a romantic comedy, and against the creator's wishes it became a Superman show instead of a comedy with Superman as a backdrop - but his Superman was woeful.

However, I would argue that Teri Hatcher is the best live-action Lois Lane ever put to film, only possibly rivalled by Phyllis Coates. And I loved John Shea as Luthor.

I would argue that Routh was, by far, the worst Superman. His Clark was just shit- he was cast as the lead in a movie gloryfing a man stalking a woman he date raped, and against the fans wishes it became a Superman show instead of a comedy with Superman as a backdrop - but his Superman was woeful.

Fixed it for you Dan! :happy:

Reeves was the best Superman, as he understood the importance of the anonymity of Clark Kent and the showmanship of Superman.

I can agree with that.

I was just saying that Dean Cain's role as Supes/Clark wasn't as bad as say Routh. At the time we'd only had the Superman films and there was nothing on TV live action superman.

coughcoughGeorgeReevescough

Umm you got a point about George Reeves being a live action Superman prior to Dean Cain, but you also had James Newton and Gerard Christopher as Superboy(just shy from being Superman)