No Robin in the Nolan Films?

Mistah J

I'm sorry, I love the new films, really I do. I just have to say this. I like the Dark Knight as much as the next guy, but to have Batman without having at least Robin and/or Batgirl is like ham without cheese. Having either Robin or Batgirl around keeps Bruce/Batman anchored in humanity rather than go completely I am the Night in the movies. Also, how many die-hard fans of Batman would be lost if Robin didn't join him eventually? Thoughts?

Batman is a miserable loner right now who doesn't need Robin to lighten the mood.

Batman is still learning how to fight crime by himself and is making mistakes, and he made a big one in the Dark Knight

By thinking the joker was just one man, and could be dealt with later, while the mob is a more important priority.

Batman needs to become the worlds greatest detective before Robin shows up.

Also off topic, why is it that the villians rarely survive to the sequel in comic book movies?

Depending on how far the Batman films would be able to run, I'd wait until the fourth film and introduce him as a side character that by the fifth film would have evolves into the Robin character everyone expects. One of the problems I had with The Dark Knight was the way Harvey Dent/Two Face was done. The backstory was excellent but after the 'transformation' it felt quite rushed, and I wouldn't want to see Robin go the same way.

Though I love the idea of Robin, he wouldn't work in these films because they're too grounded in reality. We might be willing to believe that a masked man can fight crime in Chicago Gotham City, but the second he puts a child / teenager in front of armed gunmen, that's when people will cry foul.

Though I love the idea of Robin, he wouldn't work in these films because they're too grounded in reality. We might be willing to believe that a masked man can fight crime in Chicago Gotham City, but the second he puts a child / teenager in front of armed gunmen, that's when people will cry foul.

Which is clearly why they're building up an older Robin character through the sure-to-be hit television show "The Graysons"!!

And I don't think any Batman mythos adaptation NEEDS Robin/Batgirl/Nightwing in it to succeed. After all, who's been the primary person to ground Bruce Wayne in reality from the moment he lost his parents? My point exactly.

Which is clearly why they're building up an older Robin character through the sure-to-be hit television show "The Graysons"!!

:baby:

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Nolan was against the idea of using Robin in one of his Batman films. Later, he tossed out a name for the role and really didn't give any serious thought on it. I'm not the biggest fan there is of Robin, but without Robin the Batman franchise isn't complete. I wouldn't want to see him go straight to Nightwing which sounds like they way most want it to be.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a Robin TV show. If the networks want a teen drama show like Smallville, Robin is the best bet because he has name recognition, and can partner with other teen heroes. Plus, Dick Grayson shags a lot of hot girls, which is needed for a teen-centric action / drama.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a Robin TV show. If the networks want a teen drama show like Smallville, Robin is the best bet because he has name recognition, and can partner with other teen heroes. Plus, Dick Grayson shags a lot of hot girls, which is needed for a teen-centric action / drama.

What if you took that concept and ran it against the period of No Man's Land where Batman was in absentia? You get the villains, the rest of the Bat family (although it'd be Drake rather than Grayson as Robin, unless that was tweaked) and no Batman to overshadow things. Sounds better than DJ Grayson performing acrobatics in front of Commissioner Gordon and his cute daughter.

• 1 year later...

Hmmm, a Teen Titans live action show wouldn't be a bad idea.