Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

RSS

A lot of things just go well together: peanut butter and jelly, Calvin and Hobbes, video game reviews and cliched openings. Sometimes, however, we are exposed to combinations that just baffle the mind. For instance, who thought it was a good idea to put squid on pizza, or little sweaters on dogs? And who was it that first handed instruments to Nickelback, and a movie camera to Uwe Boll? Along those same lines, when Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was first announced, my reaction was very much of the bewildered variety. Why would someone ever mix those two universes? Sadly, the answer is all too obvious: Mortal Kombat is a stagnant brand, and something was needed to spice it up.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/v/mortal-ko...-vs-dc-universe

Good review.

I have to say from what I played at Mylandros was that the game was alright, but nothing special.

Theirs an offer next week where I can get this game for £20 instead of the "F-off, that's a con." price of £40. Do you think it's worth it?

I liked this line, though it's near the end so I'll put it in spoiler tages But this is not a competitive fighting game, so fighting online is a pointless endeavor, and the AI only knows two speeds: window licker and god.

Fucking sub zero in story mode.

You don't need to put spoiler tags around that. Des already posted it right before you. :P

I'm about to read this and will add my thoughts in afterwards.

EDIT: I'm surprised you rated this a 6 out of 10 given how many problem you (rightfully) have with the game, but the review as a whole was fantastic.

I couldn't rate it lower than No More Heroes, which also got a 6 for the same reasons, great concept, but wasted potential.

Great work as always, DW. However, I totally disagree about Nightcrawler. When you consider his agility, teleportation powers and ability to hold a sword with his tail, Nightcrawler would have owned Marvel vs. Capcom!

That's my point. He would've owned too much, and been such a dominating presence that he would have been broken on the nature of his teleportations alone. I'm not arguing that he would've been a cool character, he just wouldn't have been a particularly fair one, like the Flash in this game. Granted, Marvel vs Capcom 2 is far from the most balanced game in the world, but the last thing it needed was another God-tier character that no one could beat.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Guest DCAUFan1051

why must everyone on here throw a Nickelback dig in everything? :D

regardless of that just mentioning their name means they are superfamous whether it's something good or bad.

love the mainpage artwork :D

• 1 month later...