Episode 05

RSS

Barbara is mistaken for a goddess, and, much to the Doctor's chagrin, attempts to use her newfound command to alter history ("The Aztecs"). After that, the crew of the TARDIS is met with suspicion by a powerfully telepathic, yet fearful alien race ("The Sensorites"). [ 58:46 || 26.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggeronth.../bigger_005.mp3

You DON'T like the Sensorites?!?! I really think this is a racial issue....

With regards to the Eleventh Doctor, as it was brought up in the email section, I think it highlights the natural scepticism that comes with accepting change (and that's not to call the emailer wrong or anything). It's a prestigious role and if someone you don't know, or isn't on your wishlist, gets the part, it's completely natural to be a bit unsure of the casting. I was kind of bummed upon learning that Catherine Tate would be replacing Freema Agyeman on the basis of her piss-poor skecth comedy show. On the whole I found myself liking Donna though, so even if it's a different production team, the people behind the show probably know what they're doing. More so than Johnny Opinion typing in capital letters and expletives on some forum.

Any anti-Sensorite remarks made on the show reflect the views of the person making them and not those of Earth-2.net. Earth-2.net is commited to fostering an atmosphere of welcoming, even to creepy little bastards who're afraid of loud noises and need a night light.

Any anti-Sensorite remarks made on the show reflect the views of the person making them and not those of Earth-2.net. Earth-2.net is commited to fostering an atmosphere of welcoming, even to creepy little bastards who're afraid of loud noises and need a night light.

Now, now. Let's leave James D. out of this. :laugh:

I have no difficulty picturing James ruling their planet, as they also seem to be afraid of withering sarcasm. Particularly if it's delivered loudly enough.

Well, it was a toss-up between Ian and James, I chose James.

Whilst I'm proud of my own mastery of sarcasm, James & Dubs are leagues above me in that regard, hence the Tirades.

Unless you're talking about Aztec-tossing Ian Chesterton instead of me. Seriously, if there were pyramids in the central part of England, I'd love to live up to the accomplishments of my namesake!

I can buy Ian being able to kick quite a bit of ass. Considering his age and home time, he's probably a WWII vet. The man got to kick Nazi ass, so some Aztec punk isn't going to slow him down.

Actually, that makes sense. If Ian is 40 in 1964 (as William Russell was), then he would have been of age to serve in the latter half of WWII. Okay, I can buy that.

I can buy Ian being able to kick quite a bit of ass. Considering his age and home time, he's probably a WWII vet. The man got to kick Nazi ass, so some Aztec punk isn't going to slow him down.

Actually, that makes sense. If Ian is 40 in 1964 (as William Russell was), then he would have been of age to serve in the latter half of WWII. Okay, I can buy that.

Or earlier in the war. WWI and WWII had a LOT of 14-17 year olds lying about their age and joining up, at least here in the US, not sure if the UK saw the same phenomenon.

Or earlier in the war. WWI and WWII had a LOT of 14-17 year olds lying about their age and joining up, at least here in the US, not sure if the UK saw the same phenomenon.

Certainly in WWI we did; our three remaining veterans for that war were all either underaged when they joined, or joined right towards the tend of the war. I'm not as knowledgable on WWII and how we mobilised for that, but it's certainly possible.

Certainly in WWI we did; our three remaining veterans for that war were all either underaged when they joined, or joined right towards the tend of the war. I'm not as knowledgable on WWII and how we mobilised for that, but it's certainly possible.

Like I said, I'm not quite as knowledgeable about the UK's enlistment stats, but the US had that type of thing as late as Korea.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...