Shows that had messed up cancellations

annericelover

Someone probably already said this:

Futurama.

Back when it first got cancelled the show was reaching a creative peak, then it got cancelled.

Now we have the return:

Benders big score: fantastic movie, which was a great return to form for the show.

Beast with a billion backs: disappointing follow up to big score, it had some moments, but wasn't too special.

Benders game: I hated this. It just felt like the simpsons right before that fell off the creative cliff.

I'm holding out for the next one to be a return to good futurama and not the mediocrity of the last two "Movies"

I don't really agree, Season 5 was a bit of a step back IMO.

Season 5 wasnt the best, but that's because of the last minute rewrites they had to do. While Season 4 was still airing and they were about to start filming Season 5 episodes, they were told by the studio that Season 5 would be the last Season, so they had to quickly come up with a series ending story arc and begin filming a few Season 5 episodes that had no connection with the arc(this is why the first few episodes really have nothing to do with the actual Season arc).

Guest DCAUFan1051

Regardless of rewrites and everything Season 5 was my favorite for 3 reasons:

Episode 100: You're Welcome when cordy comes back

the final episode

and the episode Smile Time when Angel gets turned into a puppet !!! I have that ep on my DVR and every time I need a good hearty laugh I watch the part where he kicks spike's ass in the lobby of Wolfram & Hart.

the final episode

and the episode Smile Time when Angel gets turned into a puppet !!! I have that ep on my DVR and every time I need a good hearty laugh I watch the part where he kicks spike's ass in the lobby of Wolfram & Hart.

Smile Time is one of my favorite episodes of Season 5 for one reason

Spike says;

"Your a Bloody Puppet"

Angel jumps him

LMFAO!!! Classic

Guest DCAUFan1051

the final episode

Smile Time is one of my favorite episodes of Season 5 for one reason

Spike says;

"Your a Bloody Puppet"

Angel jumps him

LMFAO!!! Classic

exactly!!!! then at the end after angel kicks spike's ass he says to harmony get my call list oh and spike needs a car.... then spike comes up on screen and says you heard the puppet! toooo funny