The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Missy

In my opinion this is the best game the Cube has to offer, with smooth graphics, zero loads, awesome story, and great controls. Screw those who pissed on the cel/toon-shading, because Link and the rest of the cast look perfect.

Discuss.

I'd say it's debatable as to what the best Game Cube game of all time is so far, atleast in opinion. On one hand, I really loved the Wind Waker and enjoyed the whole "at sea" enviorment alot more then most of the people I know did. It was also a Legend of Zelda game, which basically, automatically means it's going to be awesome. :respect:

But on the other hand, I really enjoyed a bunch of other games on the Game Cube that I consider to be just as fun, if not may'be even better. Animal Crossing was great game that I played for over a year and a half before I finally got bored of it, Skies of Arcadia rules all and Super Smash Brothers Melee was just freaking awesome back when I first got it.

So I honestly dunno if I would say it is the single greatest game on the Game Cube, but it damn sure is among the top five games and is definitely a game that every GCer should own.

Can't understand the fuss made over it being cel-shaded - perhaps it didn't help that early demos of the game were enhanced 3D graphics. But it was a decent enough entry. It lacks being as great as Oracle of Time due to the ridiculous amounts of sailing, with the sea bits being VERY repetetive and not having enough dungeons.

Here's what happened when I first learned about the Wind Waker game (exact quotes too):

Cash: Guys there's a new Zelda game coming out!!!

Friends: Yay (Monty Python style)

Cash: This is fucking awesome! I'm going to buy it the second it comes out!

Friends: mmm... PS2....

Cash: ARRRGH!!! Look at the graphics! That's crap! This game sucks! I hate it!

Friends: he he he, crushed optimism...

Needless to say, I did my preorder so I could get the Ocarina bonus disc. I played Wind Waker and actually liked it! It's a good game, albiet, a little short.

Oh ye of little faith! Name me a bad Zelda game.....

Here's two:

Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon

Zelda's Adventure

For the first (and only) time Nintendo allowed a third-party to develop a Zelda game. These two were for the failed CD-i, and were utter shit! They're so bad that Nintendo has disavowed all knowledge of them, and they consequently do not fit into the rather complex Zelda timeline.

I've never actually played them myself, but I've seen them. Gameplay is similar to the often condemned Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and the fully-animated cutscenes were cluttered with bad acting and worse dialog. Is it any wonder that Nintendo snubs this bastard child when Philips Media (publisher) and Animation Magic (developer) made Link into a quasi-stoner?

meh, apart from the graphics, it doesn't hold a candle to Ocarina of Time.

Yeah, but it's hard to live up to what could arguably be the greatest video game of all time.... or atleast in alot of video gamers minds.

Wind Waker is an awesome game... not better then OOT, granted. But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's still one of the best games out there.

meh, apart from the graphics, it doesn't hold a candle to Ocarina of Time.

Yeah, but it's hard to live up to what could arguably be the greatest video game of all time.... or atleast in alot of video gamers minds.

Wind Waker is an awesome game... not better then OOT, granted. But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's still one of the best games out there.

I beleive that it's because we played OOT first that's the way we think. If some newbie (Ha ha, I said Newbie) plays WW then OOT, I'm pretty sure they'll choose WW over OOT. Same way they'd choose Pokemon over TMNT.

I beleive that it's because we played OOT first that's the way we think. If some newbie (Ha ha, I said Newbie) plays WW then OOT, I'm pretty sure they'll choose WW over OOT. Same way they'd choose Pokemon over TMNT.

Now I'm not a n00b, as I've been playing Zelda since the first game was released on the NES, and I find WW to be the superior game to OoT. So there. :P

Now I'm not a n00b, as I've been playing Zelda since the first game was released on the NES, and I find WW to be the superior game to OoT. So there. :P

Meh, it's your opinion. In my belief, I think if someone played WW then OOT, they find OOT lacking in graphical quality but more playable, with more to do, a better story and a lot less monotonous sailing. :P

You know, for all the apathy that Majora's Mask recieved from some people, it still holds the greatest Zelda tool ever: The Bunny Hood! Never again shall you walk slowly, oh ever-so slowly through the endless fields. You shall run through them like greased motherfucking lightening.

You know, for all the apathy that Majora's Mask recieved from some people, it still holds the greatest Zelda tool ever: The Bunny Hood! Never again shall you walk slowly, oh ever-so slowly through the endless fields. You shall run through them like greased motherfucking lightening.

That is true. Majora's Mask was inferior but at least the concept was good, and the mask salesman is now one of my favourite Zelda characters ever!