Chicago Comic-Con 2009

Missy

The Chicago Comic-Con / Wizard World Chicago 2009 is taking place this weekend and I had planned on going to cover it for Earth-2.net, but now I'm not so sure. I've already skipped Friday, and the rest of the weekend programming looks ho-hum. So we'll see. I'll keep y'all updated.

The Chicago Comic-Con / Wizard World Chicago 2009 is taking place this weekend and I had planned on going to cover it for Earth-2.net, but now I'm not so sure. I've already skipped Friday, and the rest of the weekend programming looks ho-hum. So we'll see. I'll keep y'all updated.

It's too bad, but I heard the Marvel/DC presence is pretty slim this year.

I went this year. This was my first con, same with the guy I went with. I really enjoyed it. Brand new experience, a totally new experience. We got through just about the entire place on Thursday, but each day we found something new. My friend got The Walking Dead trades for really cheap prices - like five bucks a trade, and all of them were brand new. I did go to the Star Wars Round Table panel, which I found very entertaining and quite intriguing. I got Brian Azzarello to sign my JOKER book, which was pretty fuckin awesome, and got my photo with BOBA FETT himself, Jeremy Bulloch which was realllllly awesome! I didn't miss DC or MARVEL there. Someone will have to fill me in on what it's like having them there. I heard the SWAG was pretty meager, nothing great or impressive. We got a free issue and a poster with Rhona Mitra (BABE) and the girl from lost, who I apologize that I cannot recall her name. All in all, I had a good time, but I don't know anything other than what I experienced. Can't wait for Mike's rant.