Marvel Adventures

grahamvidger

What are some good Marvel Adventures TPBs? I have barely read any Marvel Adventures before, and when I say that I mean that I have read like two issues of one of the team-up one where Spider-Man is overly worshiped. I thought I would buy some of these comics because I haven't really read any of it before and because I am really liking the Marvel Super Hero Squad comic (more than the show too). I have heard some good things about these comics, but I need some help on what to buy.

• 4 months later...

I've been a DC guy since I first time I laid eyes on Batman. But, I've really liked Spider-man and Iron Man from Marvel. I loved Iron Man 2, so much that I need to read some Iron Man comics to satisfy me as I wait for the Avengers, Captain America, and Thor movies. Anyone have a suggestion for a solid Iron Man trade collection? I saw an Iron Man omnibus by Matt Fraction on Amazon. Also, is there any really good Captain America trades that are really great? I not interested in Steve Rogers' death or anything like that now, but maybe something where he's up against the Red Skull or his return from suspended animation? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Also, is there any really good Captain America trades that are really great? I not interested in Steve Rogers' death or anything like that now, but maybe something where he's up against the Red Skull or his return from suspended animation?

Grab any of the Captain America trade paperbacks written by Ed Brubaker. They feature Red Skull in a major way. In order, they are:

Captain America: Winter Soldier, volume one

Captain America: Winter Soldier, volume two

Captain America: Red Menace, volume one

Captain America: Red Menace, volume two

Captain America: Civil War

[stop here if you're not interested in the death of Steve Rogers and the aftermath.]

Captain America: The Death of Captain America, volume one - The Death of the Dream

Captain America: The Death of Captain America, volume two - The Burden of Dreams

Captain America: The Death of Captain America, volume three - The Man Who Bought America

Captain America: The Man with No Face

Captain America: Road to Reborn

Captain America: Reborn

If you're interested in some classic Captain America, the Captain America Secret Empire trade is a good one. I'd also recommend Avengers Forever which, outside of being an awesome story, also has a great Cap in it. It does involve some continuity stuff but you can read it without getting too confused.