Alias

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm currently watching Season 1 of Alias on DVD. I have the Complete Series Collections Edition DVD Set.

I caught onto this show in the middle of the 2nd Season when it was airing on ABC. I immediately got hooked on it. Say what you want about Jennifer Garner's chin, but she can kick ass. I dare say she could give James Bond a run for his money.

As I am watching through the seasons the one thing I have noticed the most is the music in this show. It is superb, and bone chilling at times. Currently I'm watching an episode where Sydney is checked into a mental hospital as part of her mission. Again wow Michael Giacchino really hit the nail on the head with the music for this show.

So do we have any Alias fans on the forum? Post your thoughts on the show here.

Love it. For sheer suspense/fun its one of my favorite shows ever. I like the supporting cast a lot too, Bradley Whitford is only just finding his feet in feature films but he was one of the best things about Alias for years. Victor Garber was great too, even if his face was roughly the size of a 50 pence piece compared to his head. Top honours go to Sloan though, Ron Rifkin was such an entertaining arch-villain. Totally irredeemable and yet constantly on the edge of being redeemed, caring and honest and yet pure undiluted EVIL at the same time.

The show sort of had to create unconvincing twists and turns to keep going, by the fourth season it really didn't have a reasonable premise anymore. You had more than one person working for a guy who had ordered their significant other killed, it just didn't fly with me. First three seasons are ace though, especially the season cliffhangers. Actually season 4 might have one of the best of those.

Daft but fun show throughout. Highly recommend to all.

Say what you want about Jennifer Garner's chin, but she can kick ass. I dare say she could give James Bond a run for his money.

Silly Mike! You're forgetting that Sydney is a woman! :D

*hides*

Jennifer Garner isn't hollywood beautiful per se but she is striking, and there are several occasions (and some outfits) where she's very easy on the eye.

Guest DCAUFan1051

All I am saying Ian is that if you had Sydney Bristow and James Bond in a MVC2 type of battle game she'd kick his arse and he would love it.

Yes Stav the outfits are very easy on the eye. It's been awhile since I first did a full watch through of the complete series all 5 seasons but this show just leaves you wanting more I think with every episode.

Guest DCAUFan1051

They really did perfect the smash ending that would be used in many of J.J. Abrams other shows.

JJ Abrams says he got the job on MI3 because Tom Cruise was such a fan of the show.

actually the reason why Cruise was a fan of the show was because he marathon watched the first two seasons.

I like how in the later seasons they still leave you suspenseful and on the edge of your seat. This is one show that knew how to do a season finale.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I like the supporting cast a lot too, Bradley Whitford is only just finding his feet in feature films but he was one of the best things about Alias for years.

Stav do u mean Bradley Cooper? Whitford was never in Alias according to imdb

I like the supporting cast a lot too, Bradley Whitford is only just finding his feet in feature films but he was one of the best things about Alias for years.

Stav do u mean Bradley Cooper? Whitford was never in Alias according to imdb

I do mean Bradley Cooper. Whitford needs to be in more stuff though, he's ace.

They really did perfect the smash ending that would be used in many of J.J. Abrams other shows.

JJ Abrams says he got the job on MI3 because Tom Cruise was such a fan of the show.

actually the reason why Cruise was a fan of the show was because he marathon watched the first two seasons.

Yeah, I'm just saying that during one of those celebrity dinner party things, he said Cruise had done that with the series and asked that Abrams direct MI3.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I also love Melissa George in a later season... again hot! plus the accent damn!

She gets really hot later on

when she's evil.

yes I know she was evil. Hell she was evil almost from the get go.

Holy Crap Tarantino is in this show as a guest star.

Yeah, he's in several episodes. Alias did a great job with its guest stars, Tarantino, Ethan Hawke, David Cronenberg, Christian Slater, Peter Berg, Roger Moore, Rutger Hauer, Ricky Gervais and a dozen others. Its the sort of show where its really easy to bring in these people and give them a suitable role. Seeing Roger Moore be evil was worth it alone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Carl Lumbly is sooo awesome.

in a club scene:

Dixon as DJ "Are We Ready to paaarrrtyyyy"

Sydney "Are we ready to party?"

Dixon: "I speak 9 languages and techno isn't one of them"