Episode 174

RSS

This Holiday limbo episode of Dread Media sees a clear departure from tradition, as Desmond and Darryll spend almost an hour talking about the Criterion release of David Cronenberg's Videodrome! Canadian television, the 1980s, and a certain actress' assets are also discussed. But the two go deep as well. Deep as a stomach vagina. Tunes included: "TV Casualty" by The Misfits, "All Hail the New Flesh" by Strapping Young Lad, and "Television" by Bad Religion. [ 1:19:21 || 36.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_174.mp3

This was an absolutely engrossing discussion that engaged me from start to finish. It went from being funny, to being deep and downright philosophical.

I agree with your double feature of NETWORK and VIDEODROME and I'd add these two movies if anybody wants to make a full day of it: A FACE IN THE CROWD and BAMBOOZLED. Right there you've got the four best movies ever made about Our God Television.

This was an absolutely engrossing discussion that engaged me from start to finish. It went from being funny, to being deep and downright philosophical.

I agree with your double feature of NETWORK and VIDEODROME and I'd add these two movies if anybody wants to make a full day of it: A FACE IN THE CROWD and BAMBOOZLED. Right there you've got the four best movies ever made about Our God Television.

Thanks Derrick. That means a lot coming from you.

I've never seen Bamboozled. But I have not liked most of what Spike Lee films I've seen. I find him very preachy. I will definitely check it out, though.

I like Spike Lee but I have to admit that in most of his movies he's less interested in telling a story than he is in exploring his own issues with race/politics/sex/whatever. But BAMBOOZLED does tell a solid story and he gets amazing performances from Damon Wayans, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Michael Rappaport and Savion Glover.

• 3 weeks later...