Episode 455

RSS

In Uncanny X-Force: The Apocalypse Solution, Wolverine assembles a brand new team to proactively eliminate Apocalypse. Problem is, the world-conquering mutant has been resurrected as a child. Doc Savage: Lords of Lightning provides Earth-2.net: The Show with Mike's latest rant. One that barely allows Dan to speak during the review. And Nextwave: Agents of HATE Ultimate Collection is insane violence for the sake of insane violence. And it's awesome! [ 1:03:33 || 30.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_455.mp3

I'm not a big fan of the X-Men either, but Uncanny X-Force totally sucked me in.

Jerome OpeƱa drew the first five issues of Remender's Punisher and the first six of Vengeance of the Moon Knight.

The Fantomex indifference disappoints me. Angel is clearly not there to serve a playboy role and Deadpool is there for zany humor. Wolverine wasn't there to be "cool," he was an actual leader and not the tired,overexposed character he's become known as. One of Fantomex's actions even came back later to save the team. I'm not saying that he had the best characterization in the book, because he didn't, but he did more than take up space.

Is Doc Savage a babychest or a razorfist?

Based on the page of the Mindless Ones Mike posted alone, I'm buying Nextwave when I have some extra money.

Trouble? Trouble!? You guys are just gluttons for punishment.

Yep, this was a great episode.

The Fantomex indifference disappoints me. Angel is clearly not there to serve a playboy role and Deadpool is there for zany humor. Wolverine wasn't there to be "cool," he was an actual leader and not the tired,overexposed character he's become known as. One of Fantomex's actions even came back later to save the team. I'm not saying that he had the best characterization in the book, because he didn't, but he did more than take up space.

I don't want it to come across like I hate Fantomex, but I stand by what I said; everything he brings to the table, other characters already bring. Do they do it in this storyline? Not necessarily, but the door if there if Rick Remender wants to walk through it. Outside of being a thief, Fantomex never really seemed unique to me.

Is Doc Savage a babychest or a razorfist?

Babychest was coined for books just like this Doc Savage trade paperback: insultingly stupid pieces of trash that hurt the industry by their very existence.

EDIT: While I was reading Doc Savage: Lords of Lightning, I had to see what other people said about it, which led me to this positive review. However, the best part about it is the comment someone left after the review was posted:

If you honestly enjoyed any of the doc savage books that have come out recently from dc, i have lost all respect for you and any of your opinions. All 4 that i've read so far have been complete nonsense. Zero character development. Choppy storytelling and lack of story for that matter. Extremely amateurish dialogue. I would honestly believe someone if they told me it was written by a 6 year old. I am disappointed that I subjected myself to such torture for 4 issues. I have no previous bias against the character or the writer. Paul Malmount has proven himself unworthy of writing comics for the rest of time for churning out this piece of garbage. If I were the king of the internet, I would shut down your website for recommending something like this to readers.
Edited by The Master

I'm not a big fan of the X-Men either, but Uncanny X-Force totally sucked me in.

I totally admit that I read Doc Savage before reading Uncanny X-Force, and it's completely and totally possible that my hatred of the former colored my experience reading the latter. I was hating comics by the time I finished Doc Savage. I'll give it a while and re-read X-Force and see if I like it better on its own.

I totally admit that I read Doc Savage before reading Uncanny X-Force, and it's completely and totally possible that my hatred of the former colored my experience reading the latter. I was hating comics by the time I finished Doc Savage. I'll give it a while and re-read X-Force and see if I like it better on its own.

It's official: Doc Savage: The Lords of Lightning is "The Terrible Trio" of comic books.

It's official: Doc Savage: The Lords of Lightning is "The Terrible Trio" of comic books.

By that same token, "Batman RIP" would've been the "Christmas with the Joker" of Waiting for the Trade, for like that episode, a lot of people quite like it, but the hosts loathed it.

I'd actually go with "The Laughing Fish."

By that same token, "Batman RIP" would've been the "Christmas with the Joker" of Waiting for the Trade, for like that episode, a lot of people quite like it, but the hosts loathed it.

I'd actually go with "The Laughing Fish."

Mike and James were negative-to-lukewarm about that episode, with James giving it a 5 and Mike bumping up his score from a 3 to a 6. "Christmas with the Joker", however, was ranked very low from the beginning and did not have its score bumped up.

• 2 months later...