L.A. Noire

JackFetch

• 4 weeks later...

This game isn't like anything I've ever played. Imagine if you took Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2, and Grand Theft Auto 4 and mixed them together in the 1940s. That's as close as you can get to this game. The faces are just downright creepy sometimes, and the game forces you to watch them closely. The investigations can make you feel like a genius if you get something right, and pissed off if you get it wrong. You only get one chance to get the questioning of suspects and witnesses right, and it won't tell you how you did until you are finished. I thought I was doing pretty good until it told me I only got half the questions right. There is no going back to try again because there is only one saved game that automatically writes over itself.

I'm loving the game so far. The only thing I don't like is:

The constant LONG runnings to chase down suspects. Okay, I'm sorry, but a fatass adulterer is NOT going to outrun what I have to assume is a former Marine for like 2 solid minutes.

I'm loving the game so far. The only thing I don't like is:

The constant LONG runnings to chase down suspects. Okay, I'm sorry, but a fatass adulterer is NOT going to outrun what I have to assume is a former Marine for like 2 solid minutes.

Not only that, but it's real easy to lose track of them when on foot. He goes up a ladder, then I go up the ladder, and by the time I get up there I don't know which way he went. If I wait to watch the red dot the mission fails.

I've been seeking out the hidden vehicles. I think I'm up to 51 or something. I also found my first gold film reel (Key Largo) in what can only be described as a Silent Hill-like dump of a house out in the backwoods in the middle of nowhere. :mellow:

Loved the game.

HATED the ending.

My only issue with the ending (which I thought was VERY much in keeping with the noir genre) was that after playing 80% of the game as Phelps, suddenly you're this other character, and then Phelps comes in at the very end again to die. It was like, "Hey remember this guy? Well, he's dead now, so, you know, Whatever." It would have had more impact if we'd played as Phelps throughout.