Episode 482

RSS

Good episode Guys. I kept waiting for you to bring up Extreme Ghostbusters.

Both The Boogieman and Samhaim reappear in later episodes. Both also get the occasional mention or cameo.

Final note, I really love Ghostbusters 2. It's not as good as the original but it's still a fun movie to me. Plus the villain scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. That said, I can see why it would be a disappointment coming off of the first film.

Final note, I really love Ghostbusters 2. It's not as good as the original but it's still a fun movie to me. Plus the villain scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. That said, I can see why it would be a disappointment coming off of the first film.

This.

Look at that! You guys brought one of the silent listeners to the forums! :yes:

Speaking of which, welcome, Rob!

Dan, don't feel bad. I only sorta saw Ghostbusters in the theater. Midway through, when everything's going to Hell and that one ghost / skeleton popped up in the taxi, my dad looked at me and said, "Let's go." Sure, I was six, and it was spoooooky, but I had seen worse -- with him, at that. Hell, when I was five he let me watch First Blood, and the rats in the tunnel scene gave me more chills than the dead cabby. Anyway, when I went to school the following Monday, everybody was talking about Ghostbusters. After a few minutes of "I want Ecto-1" and "Oh! And then Venkman got slimed," one of my classmates mentioned the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. To that I said, "You didn't see it! There was no 'marshmallow man.'" Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, then laughed. :shakehead: It wasn't until the movie hit VHS that I finally got to see it all the way through, including Stay Puft.

I literally saw Sixteen Candles for the first time this weekend, Jonathan. So if you have to turn in your Gen X card, then so do I.

Oh, and though I never saw The Ghost Busters TV show, I do recall Filmation's cartoon. Looking back at it, you can sum it up as "What if Scooby-Doo had a love-child with Doctor Strange?" Look at those backgrounds; there's some Ditko-inspired work there.

I'm still listening, so there will be more thoughts later. But I'll add this: I love how you guys begin the show. There's general banter, but it has to do with the program. You're educating the listeners all while having fun and staying on topic.

Good stuff Dan! I like you guys as hosts, can't wait to see what else you do in the future. I remember Ghostbusters mostly through the cartoon and the toys, never even saw the film in full until last year. I remember owning some short ladybird style books that basically took scenes from the eps and retold them, the episode with the heavy Citizen Kane references sticks in my mind because of that.

I like the background you do on the shows too, really fills us in on the history and circumstances of the show. I'll have to go back and check out your Freakazoid ep now.

Thanks for the kind words everyone that has posted so far :-) The show was really good. Welcome to the board by the way Rob, but I have to disagree. Extreme Ghostbusters in my opinion wasn't that good. It was the PC version of Ghostbusters and what I remember of it it made my feet sad. BUT I will give it another look, just and keep a open mind :-)

Thanks for the kind words everyone that has posted so far :-) The show was really good. Welcome to the board by the way Rob, but I have to disagree. Extreme Ghostbusters in my opinion wasn't that good. It was the PC version of Ghostbusters and what I remember of it it made my feet sad. BUT I will give it another look, just and keep a open mind :-)

Oh I will totally admit it was Ghostbusters PC. With a guy in a wheelchair, a goth girl, Hispanic and black guy. And making them all in college and Hugo their Professor, how could it not have been the PC version of Ghostbusters. But I still think it was a competently made show that didn't rely on race issues to make it relevant. Plus the show was a direct sequel to Real Ghostbusters with several homages and references throughout it's episodes and plots. including the episode "Janine you've Changed"