Episode 566

RSS

Though they've recorded over 100 podcasts together, all centered on comic book media, Mike and James have never actually reviewed comic books. But that changes today when Earth-2.net: The Show crosses over with Tranquil Tirades! Why have these two men come together, and what common ground could The Show share with The Tirades? That's easy. They're here to discuss Avengers vs. X-Men #7-12! [ 1:25:33 || 41.6 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_566.mp3

Re Tony taking so long to think of teaming up Hope and Wanda- This series did rather make me think that you could trap Tony Stark in a room filled with nothing but bars of chocolate and jars of peanut butter for 6 weeks and he still wouldn't have the basic curiosity to combine the two. He might make some armour from the chocolate but the peanut butter would remain untouched.

This was Marvel's attempt to do something far more DCish than usual, where all it's vastly overpowered characters come together and compare power levels. There's great stories to be told about heroes and villains who hold immense power and the fabric of reality in their hands, but Marvel did that best with Thanos already. Marvel also did the hero punch-up thing recently and far better in Fear itself. This event just ticked no boxes in new ideas or old ideas that needed to come around again. All that really happened was that they Hal Jordaned Cyclops.

James, your final word was brilliant. I tip my hat to you sir.