Episode 618

RSS

Nice work Ian and cheers for the shout out. I'll give Judge Dredd this, it's slightly above Avatar: the last Airbender when it comes to translating source material.

Not a problem, sir Gannon! If anything, thanks for introducing me to Dante and his world - he's a very compelling character to say the least!

Given that the Tirades boys think that the film adaptation of The Last Airbender is as low as entertainment goes, that does seem to be damning with faint praise, but then I suppose that's your point. Then again, Son of the Mask is technically a comic book movie....

Yeah, I could never pretend to hate Judge Dredd, as it's one of those funs dumb 90s movies that had it all. Stallone, annoying sidekick, overblown plot and action. I actually though Armand Assante did a good hammy job with what he was given. IDK, maybe it's because of the "so bad it's good" aspect of "LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'll try to put this in terms of another comic character. Imagine a Batman movie where the first thing he does is gun down a load of criminals. The rest of the movie is spent out of costume following the plot of Commando. This might be an alright action movie, but it is a shitty Batman movie. Also, Rob Scheider is there.