Wolverine cartoon in 2007

Missy

Guest DCAUFan1051

I added nick toons to my favorites in my channel lineup just to catch this show. I've DVRed the first 2 episodes and wow I'm actually like it a bit more then B: The Brave & The Bold.............. Of course it's no X-Men 1992 but I won't try and compare the hell out of them as I did with the new Batman cartoon.

The animation in this reminds me of some of the animation in X-Men 1992 and X-Men Evolution... just combine the 2 styles.

I'm actually gonna watch this cartoon to see where it goes. Scott Summers with a beard for me is very strange. After I watched the second episode earlier I caught a X-Men 1992 ep on Toon Disney and I gotta say Cathal J. Dodd was infinitely better as the Voice of the animated Wolverine.

I'm giving this more of a chance then Batman: The Brave & The Bold which speaks volumes for me accepting change. :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught the first three episodes and dug it. Blum is a great Wolverine, Nolan North knocks another Marvel Character out of the park with Cyclops. They're doing a really cool little "Days of Future Past" Arc, which makes Wolverine's leadership fit. The art design is solid, and I've got no issue with the voice acting, some are really solid.

I do wish I'd seen this before I'd seen Wolverine vs. Hulk, because I know what these guys wanna do with Wolverine in terms of a level of violence, but due to the whole "Kid's show" thing, he's extremely neutered here.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the four episodes that are out and available at this time.

I like that they're bringing up lesser-known mutants, especially with the Brotherhood.

However emo!Cyclops a la X3? Not appreciated.

Also, Xavier is Oz, the great and terrible or Sleeping Beauty, depending on the day? And is from the FUUUTUUUURE~~~.

And they're making Emma Frost a pretty insufferable bitch.

I'm 4 eps in, I like the premise behind the show but again I hate the roster. I;m not sure about the obsession people seem to have with making Bobby this young teenager, can't he be an adult like he was in the original X-Men cartoon?

Also why isn't Gambit part of the team? He is one of the more popular X-Men and still gets ignored mostly.

• 9 months later...
Nicktoons Network, the fastest growing kids' network, introduces Wolverine and the X-Men, the new action-packed animated series based on Marvel's ever popular Super Heroes. Produced by Marvel Animation, the new 26-episode, half-hour series follows Wolverine as he reunites the X-Men in an attempt to save the world. The adventure begins with two back-to-back episodes Friday, Jan. 23, from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. (ET). The new series builds on Marvel's rich storylines from the comic book pages and big screen, and will air regularly Fridays at 8:00 p.m. (ET) on Nicktoons Network.

It actually doesn't sound half bad, really. I'll have to see the style and the actual writing before I judge for sure. Also wolverine never ends.. :)

regards,

april

Simulation pret

• 5 months later...

BIG BUMP!

Just wanted to say that

A) For everyone who liked this show, I don't think it's coming back for a second season

B) I just watched the first dvd (first 3 episodes) from Netflix. I really liked it. I do agree that the art style looks like an aged X-men evolution, but it doesn't bug me so much because the stories are a little bit more mature than that show was. Wolvie is easily the most fan favorite character in the X-universe and maybe all of comics so putting him front row and center of this show kind of makes sense from a marketing perspective, I was quite glad that they at least tried to make it make sense from a storyline perspective as well. Cyclops is in no emotional shape to be a leader and thus Wolvie must make the stand even though he and everyone else knows that he's not the best choice for this. Anyways that shit went out the window when Zordon X said Wolvie is the leader because otherwise the future is fucked. Blah. I didn't like that. I enjoyed it, they're taking a lot of lesser known characters and doing something with them (Emma Frost is quite good in this show, and Domino seems to be filling the role that's usually reserved for Mystique). I also appreciate the revamped and somewhat mature story and the serialized storytelling that made X-men so popular in the first place.