Ghostbusters in Hell

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2006/05/ramis_o...s_3_ghostb.html

Ramis on Ghostbusters 3: Ghostbusters in Hell

Rumors of another Ghostbusters film have started up again, with star and writer Harold Ramis saying that Dan Aykroyd has written a script, entitled Ghostbusters in Hell, and wants Ben Stiller to star:

What Danny had originally conceived was sending us to a special-effects hell--a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits.

But what works so well about the first two (films) is the mundane-ness of it all. So my notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality, but it's like a film shutter--it's the darkness between the 24 frames.

So we create a device to do it, and it's in a warehouse in Brooklyn. When we step out of the chamber, it looks just like New York, but it's hell--everything's grid locked; no cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. No two people speak the same language. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified.

With all the controversy surrounding The Da Vinci Code right now, I can only imagine what the Catholic Church will say about a Ghostbusters film dealing with the concept of hell. The only way they'll approve of this one is if the Ghostbusters are sent there for trying to marry each other and performing too many ghost abortions. Actually, now that I think of it, I think I'd like that, too. Part of me wants to see them use one of those ghost traps to do an abortion. Just have a willing lady-ghost squat over it, push the button, and watch that kid fly out like the Concorde. The only part I don't look forward to is the horrible shrieking.

I don't care what anyone says, I'd love to see a ghostbusters with

Vince Vaughn

Owen Wilson

Will Ferrel

That said, the first one is easily in my favourite 5 movies of all time and I quote it on at least a weekly basis. "where do these stairs go? They go up". "yes it's true, this man has no dick". Just Gold.

So I guess I'm 50/50 on this, surely it can't hurt that is Ramis and Ackroyd doing it?

• 2 weeks later...

Good news:

No Ghostbusters 3

Seriously, I wouldn't theoretically mind a remake in 10 years time when all the actors are looking so old that a direct sequel is no longer feasible (although I doubt it'd be nearly as good), but I feel now's too soon and don't want it to become a Frat Pack movie for the sake of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Here we go again:

The hilight of the interview had to be when he confirmed that Ghostbusters III is in the works - albeit CGI, but Bill Murray has agreed to voice, so the authenticity (should) still be there!!! Don't take my word for it, take his:

http://www.cisnfm.com/station/blog_mike_mc...=7500&med=30179

Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd are both onboard for a CGI Ghostbusters movie.