Transformers

See, that's why I love MCD. He's such a geek, and isn't afraid to admit it.

On the flip side he said Michael Bay is like one of the top action directors ever. Lost all credibility there.....

Touché!

Maybe not "ever" but still the guy does have a string of hits: Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, Bad Boys 2. and with Spielberg pulling his strings on this I think Bay could do quite a fine job here.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, that's why I love MCD. He's such a geek, and isn't afraid to admit it.

On the flip side he said Michael Bay is like one of the top action directors ever. Lost all credibility there.....

Touché!

Maybe not "ever" but still the guy does have a string of hits: Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, Bad Boys 2. and with Spielberg pulling his strings on this I think Bay could do quite a fine job here.

Bad boys is the only good movie he has done. The Rock was just woeful, Bad Boys II not much better and Armageddon while an entertaining movie, doesn't really rate as a great movie.

I don't like the fact that there are navy seals / marines, whatever. I always find the inclusion of some type of elite unit an attempt by the writer/director to cover up the fact they don't really know what to do with the story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Michael Bay's official message boards Admin 'Nelson' has posted an update with info from Bay about Transformers:

1- They will be releasing more teaser posters in the coming months.

2- Paramount made studies and concluded that the TF "ANNOUNCEMENT" was the 2nd highest rated "teaser" this summer.

3.- They just finished shooting a lot of Pentagon interiors on a soundstage in scenes that involved many Chiefs of staff in their huge war room.

4.- Shia just was recently suspended over the edge of a 20 story building in a very dynamic and intense scene.

5.- The average transformation time from normal mode to alt mode and vice versa is about 3 to 4 seconds.

6.- The leaked pictures are legit (although a somewhat early rendering).

7.- Filming of massive chase scenes will begin in the following weeks.

8.- The CGI transformations by ILM are looking wicked and nastier every single day.

9.- Part 1 will be about why the transformers came to earth.

10.- This movie will be a new start for the live action franchise that will not be based on any particular TF TV series and/or comic book.

At least it still says "Work in Progress."

EDIT: And upon some further research, "Incinerator" seems to actually be Blackout with a temporary name, although Bay has said all of the leaked names that aren't Optimus Prime, Bumbebee, Megatron and Starscream are not to be taken as truth, even though he himself leaked confirmation of Scorpinok.

I'm really enjoying the script. It's all out action. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything. The only problem I have is with all the product placement. IChat, IPod, Yahoo, the Yahoo commercial yodel, EBay, World of Warcraft, car brands, specific songs. It's really out of control. I hope they are downplayed in the movie, because they really stand out in the script.

Hnmmm, I guess in theory a space ship makes sense, if most of the other Decepticons are ships/planes. Dunno, I know they couldn't do a gun for fear of a public outcry, but some sort of weapon would have been cool.

The ship makes sense, trust me. As for the gun. It's not a machine, so he wouldn't choose it even if he could have. He doesn't need a weapon because he is one. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but I can't explain it better without spoilers.