Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am currently in my store. Yesterday was our official last day of business.

I'm basically getting paid today to watch people take away fixtures and books that I spent four years worrying way too much about.

It's difficult to express in words how equally depressing and liberating this is.

I'm basically getting paid today to watch people take away fixtures and books that I spent four years worrying way too much about.

It's difficult to express in words how equally depressing and liberating this is.

Wooo? But yeah Dubs, that sucks but as you even said, you're feeling good about it also. Sure things will go alright.

And totally unrelated:

thor21-570x846.jpg

It's time to get that resume together:

resumewinorfail.jpg

Just films in general. I'm watching Date Night, and Steve Carell has a standard boring office job and Tina Fey sells houses. You couldn't find people with more boring normal movie jobs. Not saying it's bad, it really works when you're using it for something like in American Beauty. I mean, those people had boring typical movie jobs for a reason. It's just an odd job to feature so regularly, I don't think a single British film has ever featured an estate agent.

I think the idea is that it's a really good middle-class job that's not terribly gender-dominant one way or the other. It doesn't have the stiffness of an office job, and it's reasonably respectable. It's also something that can vary as far as general income, so upper- and lower-income people can relate to those characters.

I will say, though, that I never really notice it.

As far as that not being a British thing, might that be because Britain is an island? With not a ton of extra land?

What, do the real estate agents in Britain make it a tradition to go out an run over everyone's collective grandmothers every weekend? :P

Ours give us cookies and let us know when the house we are buying is actually a mold-infested dump. xD

See that bolded bit? Ours go out of their way to described that as being a "balmy environment".

Bah, Ian, you'll love America. Slowly, you'll lose your accent, enjoy your bacon crispy, and the only queens you'll recognize are the ones at the local gay bar. Then, when your parents see you standing there in your American Flag jacket at Christmas, asking for coffee instead of tea and humming God Bless the USA, you'll realize how far you have trully come.

Dubs meanwhile will be much the same I assume except playing games in PAL format instead of NTSC.