Cell phones

JackFetch

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got an Nvidia chip in it? That's sick! Good to see it's got the HDMI as well.

My housemate is a rep/trainer for Sony Ericsson so I've had one of the xperia Xplay's here for a few weeks. It's not that impressive to be honest. Great for gaming, but the internet and phone call component is just middle of the road.

BUT, I'm really digging these new Android OS upgrades. Apple really need to watch themselves, when I sit the boring, icon only non jailbroken Apple iPhone screen next to the latest Android screen it's scary. It's a whole generation behind. The android has live information updates on the home screen; live facebook, twitter, news, public transport information, all on the home screen without clicking in to an app. That for me makes it so much more advanced.

The G2x is supposed to be the fastest phone out right now. It's also a stock Android phone so no bloated carrier crap. Apple is playing catch up because Google updates a few times a year. iOS 5 is just now getting notifications like Android has had all along. Where Apple has had the biggest advantage is hardware.

• 4 weeks later...

I like it. I haven't had the problems everyone else seems to have. The camera is awesome, and was named the best camera on any phone by consumer reports. The only major gripe I have is that the antenna is shit. It's completely random if I have full bars or no signal from minute to minute. I think it suffers from the same "grip of death" problem the iPhone had. I'll see when I get a case for it.

That Evo 3d is really popular. I can't do anything but stock Android though, and there are only a few of those.

Just a question. For those of you with Verizon and who have a 3G capable smartphone, how much are you paying a month, if you're comfortable saying? I'm with AT&T and for a 500 min, unlimited text, and 2 gig data plan (I use maybe a quarter of my minutes in any given month and barely a gig of data), I'm paying about $95/mo.

Wondering what pricing options are like with Verizon.

• 2 months later...

So, I'm at a crossroads. My current phone is slowly becoming a piece of crap and I'm fed up with Blackberry after they're internet outage a few weeks back and how they're way of making up for a serious problem is to offer customers access to a protection plan deal. So, Friday I'm getting a new phone. Right now I'm debating if I want to go expensive and get an iPhone 4 or being fiscal and get the LG Marquee which I can get for 50 bucks. I'm on Sprint if that helps any. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Wow really? I might need to reconsider this whole android thing then? My iPhone is always charged, but my ipod can go flat between uses which is annoying when I want to use it. Plus the whole auto downloading and syncing is extremely time efficient.

I am definitely with you though, this whole 'Cloud' thing is great as back up system, but as a primary way to consume media it's just crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the Galaxy S2 and you're right, the audio part of it isn't that flash hot. But I have found a few apps that auto download podcasts, but am still looking as I want something that integrates more seamlessly with songs and video. Oh and that software from Samsung, Kies, is just woeful.

The downside to the Galaxy so far is that there appears to be so much bloatware on it, yet very few useful apps.The customisation is fantastic but as an out of the box solution it's currently a long way behind the iPhone.