X-Men: First Class

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TFG1Mike

I'm still on the fence about it. I'll watch it, I just don't know if I'll go to the cinema and see it, or just rent the DVD.

Everything at this point is wait for DVD in my opinion. Because as I've stated before getting to a theater with decent sized seats takes two busses..... I digress though.... The effects look very cool from what effects we see here.

That actually looks good.

It does, but then so did X-men 3, and this has more that a little of that vibe to it as well.

I shall go forth with an open mind, because I want it to be good, and because I trust Matthew Vaughn. Then again, Vaughn was responsible for X-men 3 right up until the point where it was filmed, so who's to say how much of his influence was a negative on that film.

Plus Wolverine hurt me by being so utterly shit. I really want this to be great.

Watched it again, and it never ceases to amazing me how Special effects that in any other type of film would mean nothing to me suddenly matter in the context of a superhero film, especially in X-men. I think its because the films are so grounded in a particular reality that when a guy uses abilities they actually look astonishing, especially Magneto. That submarine shot is incredible.

• 3 weeks later...