• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really shocked by this.

Courtesy of Wrestlezone.com

Lance Cade released

Written: October 14, 2008

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Lance Cade as of October 14, 2008. WWE wishes Lance the best in all future endeavors.

It doesn't surprise me in the least. He has zero personality. He's been in the WWE for how many years now, and gets no reaction what's so ever?

In Jim Ross' latest blog, he somewhat explains why Lance Cade was abruptly let go from WWE this week. According to Ross, it was a disciplinary measure following a bad case of judgment, with concluded with an incident on an airplane.

His release from the company was not due to his performance, most notably, in a tag match with DX on Raw a few weeks ago. Ross wrote: "The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many punhdits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability." In case you missed it, there was a spot at the end of the match in which Shawn Michaels delivered the SuperKick to Cade. He was supposed to stand wobbly on his feet to run into a Pedigree from Triple H, but fell down instead. Audibly, Triple H told him to get up so he could deliver the move.

Ross doesn't go into detail, only to note that Cade made a bad decision. Following Cade's bad case of judgment, he ended up having a seizure on the plane, which required emergency medical care. Luckily for Cade, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and helped him get taken to the hospital. Doctors performed a number of tests on him and determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with him.

Following the incident, Ross felt that WWE had no choice but to let Cade go. Ross appears to imply that the seizure was due to Cade's "bad judgment."

Ross wrote: "Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation."

I've been trying to figure out what JR was talking about.

If it was drugs he would have violated the wellness program right? Of course they fired him outright so they don't actually have to make public what he did. It has to be drugs. I can't think of any other reason he had a seizure and got fired for it.

As dickish as it seems, this is standard WWE Policy. Violating the Wellness Policy is one thing, but make a scene while doing it (re: Nick Dinsmore, Juventud Guerrera, Scott Hall, Dustin Runnels, Curt Hennig, etc.) and your ass is fired. I suppose it's a tough love thing, but it really doesn't seem to be working to well.

Someone needs to tell JR to shut up.

Lance Cade had his WWE contract terminated a few days ago which completely caught me off guard. As I wrote a few days ago, I was and still am a fan of Lance's and was shocked when I heard news of his dismissal. I feel confident that Lance will rebound from this misstep and find the success that many feel he deserves. Nonetheless, for some to compare Lance's incident where he had a seizure on an airplane that necessitated an emergency trip to a hospital with Jeff Hardy being asked to leave a plane because it was perceived that he was allegedly intoxicated seems like a stretch to me. Neither individual was on the right side of the equation of their respective issues but Lance, unfortunately, came too close for comfort by incurring a life threatening seizure and put the WWE in a position to make a really tough call. Could this matter have been handled better? I have no idea as I was not in the loop, thankfully, but I do feel that at some point in the future, and this is simply my opinion, after enough water has gone under the bridge that both parties could well do business again with each other.

If he isn't going to tell the whole story, he shouldn't mention it.

The average guy is a goddamned idiot then. You don't sack a guy just cause he had a seizure.

Dubs I'm saying that the average guy would be horrified that WWE has sacked someone for having a seizure.

Edit: read my post, I fucked up. I meant that the fans will only know that he was sacked for having a seizure.

Christ I'm making no sense, Jack, you take over this discussion.

This is more a venting thing.

Wrestlezone.com used to be a great site to get news, reviews and other things on the wrestling industry.

Now it's become a piece of shit, with the guys who know run it, running it into the ground.

Instead of news and interesting topics, the site is full of crap news and the guys personal opinions on them. This is not one subject so you can say he feels personally about it, this is every fucking thing. The other guy now takes up every other thing he writes talking about working backstage at TNA and how to book wrestlers, and where wrestlers will be next week.

I've been going to wrestle zone.com for over four years and I really don't want to go their for my news anymore as the place is fucking shit.

Oh and Cena will be back by December.

Right this is my personal opinion.

Wrestlezone.com used to be a great site for wrestling news, great columns and like Earth-2 podcasts with wrestling personality's like Konan and Kevin Nash.

Now it's fucking shit. I mean they have one guy who takes the end of every story and gives his personal opinion on it, which no one cares about. he just posted a story then had to retract what he said.

The other guy spends more time talking about working backstage for TNA then he does relaying story's. Now wrestle zone.com is telling me where AJ Styles will be next Thursday and Shannon Moore and such. Also entire storys on how to book former WWE stars.

The leftover articles are shit and they don't do podcasts anymore.

I used to love to visit wrestle zone.com, but now I don't want to.

I had to post this here and say it as I just went heir and was so horrified by how crap it was.

Oh and Cena will be back by December.

Sorry I didn't think the other one saved.

Guest DCAUFan1051

RAW was pretty good tonight Y2J couldn't earn respect if it was shoved down his throat.

I figured Cena would be back by December seeing as he is the one always involvedr the most at The Tribute To The Troops event.

I swear WWE seems to have forgotten how to hype a ppv. They have the face so pumped up to win that it will be dumb not to give him the title. Why would I want to buy it if Batista is expected to win? I mean they haven't given Jericho a chance in this feud.

Oh, and Cena will be back in November at house shows. He's billed for a triple threat title shot for December 1st.

Jenny wanted to watch Impact last night, so I suffered through it. Here are my thoughts:

- The opening women's match was brutal. Thankfully it didn't last that long.

- Main Event Mafia? They couldn't come up with something better? Hell, it took me two seconds to think of The Elite, which isn't great, but is way better than MEM.

- What's up with Booker's lame African accent?

- Speaking of Booker, that title looks cool, but the name needs work. The Legends Championship... really?

- Has Abyss put on weight?

- The Kong / Wilde match was great, but it could have used another few minutes.

- The best they could do with Mick Foley was make him a "major investor" in TNA? Yawn.