Clash of the Titans Remake

annericelover

Well according to this link http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15840 the next classic 80's film to get a remake will be Clash of the Titans, which is the story of Perseus the mortal son of Zeus, king of the gods and his journey to save the Princess Andromeda. So far the listing say that Ralph Fiennes as Hades, gods of the Underworld, Liam Neeson as Zeus, king of the gods and will be directed by Louis Leterrier.

I am tired of remakes, but this film may benefit from todays modern day technology, hopefully they keep true to the story and don't change much.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Yesterday we brought you the new Empire cover with Sam Worthington's Perseus; today we can bring you a whole pantheon of new stills from Clash of the Titans. Two things should immediately become clear: this is not the Titans you remember, and this Perseus is not the sort of person who sports long, floaty locks and then goes off to become a lawyer.

"What I wanted to do was just tell a very human story," says director Louis Leterrier. "Yes, I was really interested in doing the big monster fight at the end of that, but what was really interesting for me was the human side of it. Perseus is a conflicted hero, he hates it, which is so much better than a 'real' hero. The original Perseus is embracing it and takes the weapons Zeus gives him."

"He's just your golden hero that you're meant to follow," says Worthington of the old Perseus. "I feel when my Perseus starts out, he should be this bombastic tank. The gods have killed his family. He's Charles Bronson! He's gonna go for revenge, and the best way to achieve that is to kill the Kraken. Well, to kill the Kraken you gotta kill Medusa. To get to Medusa, you gotta take on the witches. Then once he kills the Kraken, he's gonna kill fuckin' Hades and Zeus and everybody else! But along the way he needs to learn to calm down, ask for help. And out of that comes the true hero. A hero isn't someone who leads men; a hero is someone that's in the trench with the men."

Worthington also assured us that "we're not in fuckin' Harryhausen mode anymore", which we're choosing to see as an affirmation of the film's "grittiness" rather than a slight to the stop-motion legend.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25974

36821.jpg

36823.jpg

I doubt it. Harryhausen holds up. Most CGI does not.

I knew there was a reason I liked you, Des! :D

Ray Harryhausen, along with the Toho monster movies, represent the things that first opened my mind to the Fun of The Fantastic. His stuff had weight, it had space, it was looked unlike anything we have ever seen before or since...and the CGI monsters they'll unleash on us in the remake will never match what that man achieved in his garage with lumps of foam latex and metal skeletons.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Warner Bros. Pictures remake Clash of the Titans dominated the box office with an estimated $61.4 million from 3,777 theaters this weekend, averaging $16,256 per theater. Including Thursday night preview screenings, the film has earned a total of $64.1 million. The $61.4 million marks the biggest opening ever for a film on Easter weekend, easily surpassing the previous record of $40.2 million set by Scary Movie 4 in 2006. It is also the second-biggest debut for an April release, trailing only last year's Fast and Furious, which earned $70.95 million. Clash of the Titans, made for about $125 million, was released in both 3D and 2D theaters, with the 3D take making up 52% of the total. Directed by Louis Leterrier, the movie stars Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Danny Huston, Gemma Arterton, Mads Mikkelsen, Jason Flemyng, Alexa Davalos, Izabella Miko, Nicholas Hoult and Pete Postlethwaite.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64800

Haven't read a single positive thing about this movie and the 3D version is utterly crap, apparently rushed/tacked on in post production. Ahh well, looks like Sam W is about to be thrown on the trash heap, maybe he needs to start giving a shit about stuff instead of playing the oh so cool thing.