Episode 55

RSS

Guest DCAUFan1051

ok question:

would you guys ever like to see a TerryBat/Zeta cartoon in the B: Beyond animation style? I think that'd be very cool cartoon.

Honestly, I think if Zeta were handled with a more mature storyline, I think it could be a great show. I really do like the characters of Ro and Zeta (or Zo and Reta, as Mike would call them) and if they had better, more adult-oriented storylines, it could be a lot of fun. It would have been cool if Zeta and Ro could have wound up as part of the JLU in the BB future.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Honestly, I think if Zeta were handled with a more mature storyline, I think it could be a great show. I really do like the characters of Ro and Zeta (or Zo and Reta, as Mike would call them) and if they had better, more adult-oriented storylines, it could be a lot of fun. It would have been cool if Zeta and Ro could have wound up as part of the JLU in the BB future.

I agree and Ian needs to get the Zo and Reta audio for a clip show lol

Couple of things I've noticed - some from this batch, some in general:

About Zeta's weight, I buy that he's only a bit heavier than say a 6 foot man. Put him 200-250. If he's supposed to be infiltrating, he needs to be unobtrusive. If he was 5, 6,, 700 lbs, every time he got in a car, sat in a chair, got on an elevator, people would notice that he weighed much more than he should. In that case, I can maybe buy a 15 year old half carrying, half dragging someone that size for short bursts in desperation.

In the Hub episode, I ddin't think that locking out Zeta's credits was the worst plan ever. It raised a question, though - and this is one of those things that always piss me off in futuristic shows. It's the assumption, that people in the future are stupid, and won't be able to do things we do. Zeta has this code embedded that lets him draw unlimited credits. Snce it's the future, that code would authorize his transactions. If the cops can trace your credit card now, why can't they do it in 35 years? Or, hey - freeze the damn account! Give the infiltration units under your control an updated code, and lock Zeta out from money! Oy!

As to Agent West still having a job, believe me - there is a LOT of work, paper trail, etc to fire a government employee. Granted, West is a sworn agent, so the rules are different than civil service, but it's not like canning the kid working the counter at McD.

Mike, I definitely got the Dorothy Gale reference - either it's not just you, or you and I suffer from whatever that cool word Huntress threw at Question, too (the tendency to see connections where none exist).

As to the Brain Trust, they did name the albino "Edgar" which let them tie it in with JLU "Double Date" a bit more (once, that is, they concieved of a series called JLU and wrote an episode called Double Date". As to their motivation, though, I think they said something about it would give some children abilities, and others, well, you can't make an omelette... (That was the sense, at least). That would make it easy to grab the enhanced children and raise them - after all, that is their usual mode of operation. I guess I look at their reason much the same as the Lords Cardinal recruited young mutant, through the Massachusetts Academy, as the Hellions to...just have more firepower on their side for whatever nefarious plot they needed. Hey, it worked for the Hellfire Club - it seems like enough of a motivation for most supervillains.

As a final note, while I hate to say this about the DCAU - does anyone else get the feeling that we're putting more thought into analyzing some of these episodes than was put into making them?

Chris

You know whats annoying about The Zeta Project, its supposed to be in the same world as all the DC heroes that we all know, but it never mentions them or anything except Batman Beyond. What would be cool is if when Ro and Zeta are driving at the beginning of the tornado episode if they saw one of those big green signs saying "Smallville that way" or something. I want DC references and continuity with the DCAU!!!

I cannot wait until Mike and James finish Zeta! We have been in the future since episode 39! Time to tap together the heels of those red ruby slippers and go back to Kansas! Oh wait, then we have Static Shock for like ten episodes. Not that I hate Static Shock, its just that I really want Justice League reviewing! I cannot believe Static went for 5 seasons. Can't we just hear reviews of the Static Shock crossovers with Batman and the Justice League? BY the way don't you think a review of "A League Of Their Own" should be done after "Secret Origins"? I mean who wants to introduce the Justice League in Static Shock? It would also help us get by Static Shock quickly and that would make reviewing of Static exactly ten episodes because "A League Of Their Own" is a two parter and Static is 52 episodes. Ever thought of that?

Guest DCAUFan1051
You know whats annoying about The Zeta Project, its supposed to be in the same world as all the DC heroes that we all know, but it never mentions them or anything except Batman Beyond. What would be cool is if when Ro and Zeta are driving at the beginning of the tornado episode if they saw one of those big green signs saying "Smallville that way" or something. I want DC references and continuity with the DCAU!!!

since Reta only ran 2 seasons I doubt very much that you'll see more DCAU references other then the Batman Beyond crossover.

As far as Static and Justice League I admit it's kinda weird seeing the JL team in static, but it was the only way that they could include it in the DCAU. I seriously doubt Mike & James will put the static eps in the justice League reviews, because if you'll remember they are going by production order. Good idea though!

:D

since Reta only ran 2 seasons I doubt very much that you'll see more DCAU references other then the Batman Beyond crossover.

As far as Static and Justice League I admit it's kinda weird seeing the JL team in static, but it was the only way that they could include it in the DCAU. I seriously doubt Mike & James will put the static eps in the justice League reviews, because if you'll remember they are going by production order. Good idea though!

:D

the thing about static is in the current teen titans so you kinda just have to think about that. but also he teamed up with batman twice before and batman beyond after so i get that its wierd but what are ya gonna do

I've just caught up with my WFP audio clipping, and this episode alone has seen me create clips labelled: "douchebag scientists", "titty-twister" and "mike implies gay paedophilic robot sex".

Who says there's no reason to like The Zeta Project if I can actually find a reason to write such things on my computer??

Guest DCAUFan1051
I've just caught up with my WFP audio clipping, and this episode alone has seen me create clips labelled: "douchebag scientists", "titty-twister" and "mike implies gay paedophilic robot sex".

Who says there's no reason to like The Zeta Project if I can actually find a reason to write such things on my computer??

very true Ian

i just watched all the static shock dcau team ups and and when batman and staticare talking to the commish and bullock when harvey says "what the heck did robin do to his hair"... how is he even in the police force?! static has a completely different costume and hes friggin black, yet harvey notices his hair! :grumble:

Guest DCAUFan1051
Haven't seen the episode, but could Harvey be making a joke?

I've seen said ep. And no he's not making a joke as far as I can tell because he scratches his head after saying it. Then again bullock was never too bright when it came to batman and his kids