The Tranquil Tirades Wiki

James D.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to say thanks to Teenalphabro for his contributions. I'm sure James appreciates it as well.

One thing you don't have to worry about is tagging character pages with the "listener created" category, since those are set up to be made anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Riding the high from doing a marathon run of Super Metroid and couldn't sleep so I revised the pages with Info Boxes so the image is in the box instead of awkwardly lurking outside. Wikia is great except when it comes to playing with templates and telling how to use them. Also edited a couple of pages along the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Something that we need to watch out for is the creation of too many orphaned pages, which are pages that have nothing that link to them and no real context for existing, including stuff we've never actually referenced on the show.

James and I have made a few for the purposes of making the random page button more interesting, but typically there's no way for a page to actually be read by any visitors if it's not part of a popular category or linked from one of the episode pages itself. Just a heads up.

To the couple of other editors, what I've started doing is making it a point that anytime I make a new page that isn't already part of another page, I'll look at anything I reference and go to those pages and have one back. Do example, I made a page for Akiva Goldsman last night. So, I made sure to add him to the Batman Forever and Batman and Robin pages as well as Bat Credit Card. It's a little bit more work but it does save James and Damien the time of going back and making the edits themselves.

On a sidenote, Wikia sponsors the quiet area for C2E2. The woman running the desk asked if I used Wikia or do any editing on it. I started talking about the Tirades wiki and she laughed a bit when I started talking about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Wikia,

Please don't fucking keep harping on the portable infobox thing then, when you decide to convert them, provide no support for the ways that changing it over fucks up the entire infobox and actively prevents editing it!

Love and kisses,
Will

nice closing.

Edited by Rjoyadet
Zaphod beeblebrox image did not display

• 1 month later...

Page idea: Uma Thurman Paycheck: When an actor realizes the movie they're acting in is terrible and decide to ham it the fuck up. Not mutually exclusive with a Ben Kingsley Paycheck but rarely, if ever, happens at the same time as a Eric Roberts paycheck since being a giant ham at least involves some effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...