Hellboy 2

JackFetch

HELLBOY 2 defeats two studios' plans to keep him under wraps - joins his fellow monsters at UNIVERSAL!!!

Hey folks, Harry here... Guillermo Del Toro - just can't quit on HELLBOY 2. And yes, that is a very "Brokeback" statement. Guillermo's love for the big red guy, brought him back from the clutches of development hell.

That HELLBOY 2 will call UNIVERSAL home is a strange story. You see - that's where HELLBOY was originally pitched. And it was ultimately Stacey Snider, who saw the project differently from Del Toro that caused Guillermo to seek the project elsewhere. Snider is now at Dreamworks - and no longer standing between Mignola's creation and the UNIVERSAL home of classic movie monsters.

I had given up hope that I'd ever see HELLBOY fighting the tooth fairy(s) - now I know I will see that glorious scene brought to life. Now - if only Mignola will let Guillermo bring a bit of "Lobster" to the film. HINT HINT MIKE!!!

HELLBOY is now set to showdown with THE DARK KNIGHT, IRON MAN and probably WOLVERINE in Summer 2008. Sounds like a comic fan's paradise.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24068

Hellboy 2 will not stand a chance if it goes up against any of those 3 movies.

• 1 year later...
Hellboy 2 will not stand a chance if it goes up against any of those 3 movies.

True, but that won't stop me watching at least 4 films I really want to see this summer.

onlined4947rpc0.th.jpg

Since I only know the movie and not the books, who is the guy on the left?

johann.jpg

Dr Johann Kraus, a german medium who was caught in a massive psychic event whilst communing with the dead. His body was destroyed but his ectoplasmic form survived and thanks to the BPRD he now occupies a suit that can contain him, otherwise he would dissappate. He can communicate with the dead and can use dead or souless flesh as a temporary body if his containment suit is destroyed.

He really adds a great deal to the team in terms of investigative abilities because he can interview the dead.

You should totally read the Hellboy & BPRD books. The last film didn't quite live up to my hopes but that probably just because the books had set my standards so high. Plus Rasputin is a really great villian. I really hope the next film deals with his spirit & Baba Yaga.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ComingSoon.net talked to Hellboy II: The Golden Army writer/director Guillermo del Toro at the New York Comic Con today. He revealed that Seth MacFarlane ("Family Guy," "American Dad!") has replaced Thomas Kretschmann as the voice of Johann Kraus in the "Hellboy" sequel.

In related news, the "Hellboy II" viral site Hetfet.org has gone live.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7095

So is he going to sound gay like Stewie, or gay like the alien in American Dad?

• 4 weeks later...
ComingSoon.net talked to Hellboy II: The Golden Army writer/director Guillermo del Toro at the New York Comic Con today. He revealed that Seth MacFarlane ("Family Guy," "American Dad!") has replaced Thomas Kretschmann as the voice of Johann Kraus in the "Hellboy" sequel.

This bit of news has almost killed all my excitement for this movie.

why the fuck did they have to let that douche bag voice a character?

This bit of news has almost killed all my excitement for this movie.

why the fuck did they have to let that douche bag voice a character?

He is a talented voice actor capable of doing an over-the-top German accent. This is going to be an over-the-top movie.

I see absolutely nothing out of place for this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...