Omega Flight

Missy

Earlier today Marvel announced Canada's post-Civil War superteam... Omega Flight.

[spoiler space]

omegaflight.jpg

From this image, the team seems to include:

Captain America (The Captain?)

Guardian

Beta Ray Bill

Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)

Talisman

Michael Avon Oeming and Scott Kolins will be the creative team. The series will hit shelves in 2007.

Vindicator is Guardian's wife who occasionally donned the costume and led the team. That's Guardian.

That doesn't look too much like Beta Ray Bill, it seems like more of a cross between him and Box. I loved Box. Maybe they met each other in space and merged or something.

Good to know that a Canadian super-team contains a total of 3 out of 5 Canadian members (that is including if the character is Box and not just who we think it is). I'm not pissed, it's just that Talisman is my least favourite Alpha Flight member. Bring back Shaman!!!!!

Yoda, I sent another one, check it now.

Vindicator is Guardian's wife who occasionally donned the costume and led the team. That's Guardian.

For a very brief period James and Heather swapped superhero names.

That doesn't look too much like Beta Ray Bill, it seems like more of a cross between him and Box. I loved Box. Maybe they met each other in space and merged or something.

During episode 58, our fourth Civil War show, I speculated that... someone else with that general boxy shape was finally able to lift the hammer. [/tease]

Yoda, I sent another one, check it now.

Got it.

For a very brief period James and Heather swapped superhero names.

Right you are sir.

During episode 58, our fourth Civil War show, I speculated that... someone else with that general boxy shape was finally able to lift the hammer. [/tease]

Auggghhhh!!!! 'ow dare you tease me so Messr Sims! <shaking fist>

This is from an interview with Mike Oeming on Newsrama about Omega Flight

NRAMA: Again, in that interview with Mark Millar a few months back, we asked about the then rumors of Captain America fleeing to Canada in the wake of Civil War to be part of Alpha Flight, and he said, “Well, the two big questions are whether Cap flees for Canada and whether I'm writing the Alpha Flight spin-off book. To answer the first, no, Cap doesn’t flee for Canada because that's just bloody stupid and completely out of character.”

Now, you’re already addressed this subject somewhat, but just to be sure. Guess the question we have to ask here is, do you agree with Mark? Any thoughts on this subject?

MO: Well, Cap's future is still in the air... Will he win the war? Will he loose? I can’t say much about him without accidentally commenting on what happens with Civil War. I do agree that the idea of Cap picking up his skirt and running away is way out of character and silly.

I misread the first post and thought that the team members were the announcement. To make up for that, I circled two things that support your theory about The Captain. Compare these circled areas to the picture above.

wintersoldierss4.th.jpg

As for the Thor figure, it shows that the Thor that is in the books now, won't be there for long. I think he will die, and whoever this is in Omega Flight will replace him. Unless that is Beta Ray Bill, which would be cool also.

• 4 months later...