My ultimate project

James D.

I'm basically taking on one of the biggest projects of my life here. I'm going to make a series of anime music videos to every song on Metallica's S&M album. I'll put anywhere from 1 to 3 songs per video and I'll release them in order as the album goes from "The Ecstasy of Gold" all the way to "Battery". Each song will have a different anime attached to it (21 songs, 21 animes). I've finished TEoG and rather easily, I might add. "The Call of Ktulu" is next and after that, "Master of Puppets". Those three songs encompass the first part of this series. Part I will be at right about 20 minutes and I am about halfway finished with it. I'm looking at anywhere from 7 to 10 separate videos that will make up the entire 2-and-a-half-hour project.

I already have the animes picked out for:

Ecstasy of Gold, Ktulu, Master of Puppets, The Thing That Should Not Be, The Memory Remains, Devil's Dance, Until It Sleeps, -Human, Wherever I May Roam, Enter Sandman and Battery.

The other songs I haven't decided yet. So, if you have any suggestions...by all means. I do not need suggestions for those I have already decided upon, though. Judging on what I have so far, I can safely say that Kellen will really like the Sandman video, Marv will like the Memory Remains and Until It Sleeps videos and Zephyr will probably like the Thing That Should Not Be video. Everyone else...well, uh, I don't know.

I'd be remiss if I didn't admit that this project seems far too overwhelming for me to even attempt. Several times, I've thought of just forgetting about it. But then I remember I really want to do it and if I can pull it off...well, holy shit it will rule. So, yeah, any words of encouragement, suggestions, exclamations of my apparent insanity, please post them here. I need them to keep me focused. After all, this is going to take me until the end of eternity to finish. :D

= = = = = = = = = =

Part I:

The Ecstasy of Gold: Spirited Away

The Call of Ktulu: Princess Mononoke

Master of Puppets: Chrono Crusade

Part II:

Of Wolf and Man: Wolf's Rain

Part III:

The Thing That Should Not Be: When They Cry

Fuel: Akira

Part IV:

The Memory Remains: ???

No-Leaf Clover: ???

Truth be told, I saw a really good one from that set to Lips of an Angel, you better wow me good.

Well, you'll have to wait a while because that will be on the very last part of this series. It will be "One", "Enter Sandman", and "Battery" to conclude this mammoth extravaganza.

I won't reveal the songs to which I'm attaching them (except for the first song), but so far, I know for a fact that I will have:

Spirited Away (this is my opener with "The Ecstasy of Gold")

Chrono Crusade

Princess Mononoke

Trigun

Gungrave

Sailor Moon

Akira

Fullmetal Alchemist

Gun x Sword

R.O.D. the TV

FFVII: Advent Children

Right on, sir! A great album but I'm most psyched for Ecstasy of Gold which I consider to be the greatest film theme of all time.

Well, the song track is 2:11 or thereabout, but the song itself only covers about 70% of that. So, it's not like it's a long portion of the video. The rest of that track is audience cheering (like 33 seconds worth of cheering). However, I have worked with that and utilized it.

Mononoke Hime for "Of Wolf and Man" plz.

Marv, it's funny you say that because I debated literally for DAYS on whether or not to use Mononoke-Hime for "Of Wolf and Man" or for another song. I wound up giving it to the other song. And believe me, it was a ridiculously hard decision because the lyrics of "Of Wolf and Man" do fit Mononoke-Hime damn near perfectly. However, I think Wolf's Rain or maybe even Jin-Roh will suffice for when I do "Of Wolf and Man". And as for the song to which I gave Mononoke, well, I think it's going to be pretty good. :happy:

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to let you all know that I will not be working on my next S&M video until I can get a new computer. I refuse to make any more AMV's using Windows MovieMaker. My first part of this project could have been near perfect if not for the resolution being so bad. Every time I tried to save it as a larger, crisper video, the program crashed. I can't take it anymore. (What really sucks about this is that I won't enter it into the AWA contest this year if I can't somehow solve this conundrum. The resolution is too low at the present time to put it on a huge screen like the ones in the convention contest.) MovieMaker is utter shit. I just bought Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 a few weeks ago (the Adobe Premier line is one of the most widely praised video editing programs on the market), but my processor isn't powerful or up-to-date enough to hold it. So, what does this all mean? Well, I have no idea when I'll start my next video, essentially. I just put in my two weeks' notice at my job, so money will be tight for a while. Meaning, no new computer for the forseeable future and no new AMV's for that same period. Anyway, yeah, that's the story for now. I'll let you all know when "Symphony and AniMetallica" is back up and going again. Be aware that it won't be for a while, unfortunately. :shakehead:

• 4 weeks later...

The Outlaw Torn is the best damn song on that album, and I think Trigun would be flippin' perfect for it.

Works perfectly when you think about it. The song is about losing someone dear to you and trying to find something to replace them in your life, and so with the Rem storyline and Vash being an Outlaw, I don't see how you could use Trigun for any other song in this project.

I hope you finish this, part 1 was really well done.

The Outlaw Torn is the best damn song on that album, and I think Trigun would be flippin' perfect for it.

Works perfectly when you think about it. The song is about losing someone dear to you and trying to find something to replace them in your life, and so with the Rem storyline and Vash being an Outlaw, I don't see how you could use Trigun for any other song in this project.

I hope you finish this, part 1 was really well done.

Right now, I'm torn (no pun intended) on what anime to use for that song because when I get to Outlaw Torn, it will be a video unto itself. It won't be coupled with any other song.

Trigun is one of the contenders, no doubt; however, Gun x Sword might be an even better fit.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums, by the way!

• 6 months later...