Episode 10

RSS

A bit behind on the episodes, but I do have something to add to The Man That Killed Batman. I believe it was Mike that brought up the question as to how the Joker got the cape and cowl. The basis of this it that it was assumed to be the same cape and cowl. The way I see it, the cape and cowl are not the genuine articles. It is not all that uncommon for a villain to have something of the hero (picture, dummy, toy) and destroy it while talking about their plan. Similar thing happens here.

Though I can see where you're coming from, the cape and cowl he sinks with Sid are supposed to be the genuine articles. The fact that Sid was carrying it around (until the bar brawl), I think, proves that. Had Joker wanted to use a dummy item, he would have used a fake costume, not just the item Sid pulled from Batman as he fell to his so-called death.

And Dini was an excellent Joker writer so there's really no problem. Joker's first three episodes were awful due to the absence of Dini. Whatever your issues with 'Joker's Wild' (which really isn't that bad) or 'Make 'Em Laugh' (which I'm assuming is pretty disliked), 'Christmas With the Joker', 'Be A Clown', and 'The Last Laugh' are much much worse. Dini churned out every single good Joker appearance: 'The Laughing Fish', 'Joker's Favor', 'The Man Who Killed Batman', 'Harlequinade', and 'Almost Got 'Em'. The good easily outweighs the bad.

Agreed except that "Christmas With The Joker" isn't a bad episode. "Be A Clown" isn't all that bad either.

In fact, the only reason he appears in Mask of the Phantasm is because Dini was entirely responsible for the third act.

you say that like it is a bad thing ?

And Dini was an excellent Joker writer so there's really no problem. Joker's first three episodes were awful due to the absence of Dini. Whatever your issues with 'Joker's Wild' (which really isn't that bad) or 'Make 'Em Laugh' (which I'm assuming is pretty disliked), 'Christmas With the Joker', 'Be A Clown', and 'The Last Laugh' are much much worse. Dini churned out every single good Joker appearance: 'The Laughing Fish', 'Joker's Favor', 'The Man Who Killed Batman', 'Harlequinade', and 'Almost Got 'Em'. The good easily outweighs the bad.

Agreed except that "Christmas With The Joker" isn't a bad episode. "Be A Clown" isn't all that bad either.

In fact, the only reason he appears in Mask of the Phantasm is because Dini was entirely responsible for the third act.

you say that like it is a bad thing ?

"Christmas with the Joker" is a terrible episode with a bunch of stuff that is SO ridiculous, even the "Joker logic" excuse cannot be applied to it. When did Joker find time to turn that tree into a rocket? Or an entire observatory into a freakin' CANNON???

• 1 month later...

Another response review... first off thanks for the e-mail about www.answers.com concerning Wikipedia.

The Man Who Killed Batman, "Whose Up For Chinese" I adore this episode, it is just so nutty and it has two of my favorite BTAS characters, The Joker and Thorn. Sid is the type of character who has the best luck, because he's a clutze. There isn't much to say except, this is one of the best Joker episodes. 8 out of 10.

Mudslide, I enjoyed this episode. Clayface is one of those characters you feel for. I always felt that if Batman didn't interfere, Hagan would have become human again and just leave everyone alone. In the Gotham Knights the producers take away the sympathy(just like they did with Mr Fries), when he is kind of responsible for the murder of a child(although she was a part of him). I love the gruesomeness and rawness of this episode. The music goes so well with this episode, it is amazing. I do believe that Hagan has feelings for his nurse, though because of his agenda and how he feels about himself, he doesn't know how to show it. At the end when his nurse is hurt, he screams her name in concern I think, because he is scared for her. It's like when you lose something and than realise how important it was to you. This is a high 7 out of 10.

Paging the Crime Doctor, yes it's about time Thompkins has a more personal episode, here we have more of the past, but not from Bruce, but from his father. Thompkins, Thomas Wayne and Rupert Thorn's brother was best friends was a nice touch. First off, wow Dinks is a racial slur for Asains, never knew that. Fox and Warner Brothers allowing that must have gotten past the censors. I can safely give this 7 out of 10

Zatanna, I'm not big on this episode, it was nice to see Zatanna in the JLU series, but I wasn't into it. I do enjoy, the later episode with Wonder Woman being turned into a pig, lol. I can't really say much here, except that it was interesting to see again the early years of Bruce Wayne. I never knew that Zatanna always spelled things backwords when doing her spells. That explain the Gotham Girls episode with Zatanna. I give this 5 out of 10, for simply introducing Zatanna

The Mechanic, this episode is actually better than most Penguin episodes. It has always brought up a question of when Batman gets into an accident who does he go too. I mean we all assume, he's got Alfred(and in Batman Forever, he even mentions that Alfred is a great mechanic), but he can't do it all. This episode does remind me of Batman Returns, where he does get control of the Batmobile, just like in this episode and tries to kills Batman(with Robin in this episode, by himself in the movie). Here's my score on this 6 out of 10

Another episode where we somewhat agree on scores, are you influencing my taste(I actually score these before I hear your scores)?