Episode 11

RSS

Though they only review three episodes of Batman: The Animated Series this time around, James and Mike hardly have a light week. First there's an inbox full of e-mails to read, then they cover "Harley and Ivy" (in which Batman should have died), "Shadow of the Bat" (in which the rumors about the Dynamic Duo are confirmed) and "Blind as a Bat" (in which Tony Stark could have stood in for Bruce Wayne). [ 1:42:32 || 46.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_011.mp3

I had a whole lot written but it all was deleted when I accidentally x-ed out of the tab. Makes me mad.

Right now I'm listening to the 'It's about time' part. It's hilarious the way you describe it.

Also of note was that I agree with James about Melissa Gilbert's acting and that's exactly what I was talking about during 'Heart of Ice'.

The e-mails were all very interesting. Agreed on 'The Laughing Fish', I do think that Batman's actions are indistinguishable from those of Ferris Boyle ('Heart of Ice') in 'Mudslide', and the 'Moon of the Wolf' explanation was awesome.

'Blind as a Bat'- Yeah, Bruce Wayne funding a weapon makes no sense. Remember Bruce's deal with Lex in 'World's Finest', when he was dead serious about not equipping the machines with any weapons at all? Compare that to him here, where he's smiling and waving during the procession. Some of the animation is awesome and the idea is pretty cool, but it's such small material to justify a 22-minute episode.

Red Claw comes back in 'The Lion and the Unicorn', where Alfred goes to Britain.

Scores:

Harley and Ivy- You: 8 / Me: 8

Shadow of the Bat- You: 6.5 and 7 / Me: 5

Blind as a Bat- You: 4 / Me: 6

Another great job. I'll be back come next podcast.

• 2 months later...

Harley ad Ivy, "Aren't You that Poison Oak girl, (srry guys I had a quote from the Joker, but yours was better)great episode. This is where the Poison Ivy episodes become more interesting. I love at the end how we have a sort of "True Romance" type ending(in that film you have the main characters, the couple at a drug deal, where the cops and mafia all end up crashing and a huge gun fight begins, where all three parties are now shooting at each other). It was great to see Poison Ivy, The Joker, his goons and Batman are all fighting. This is a great prequel to what we see in Gotham Knights episode "Girls Night Out" with Ivy, Harley, Batgirl, Supergirl and Livewire. Yes, I certainly feel the same way about the relationship between The Joker and Poison Ivy. I would have loved to see more of that. 7 out of 10

Shadow of the Bat parts 1 and 2, this is a pretty good episode. You had mentioned that previous episodes like Heart of Steel, sort of hints at Barabara Gordon soon becoming Batgirl. While this is a pretty decent episode, I like the revamped costume. You have to remember that Barabara had no plans to become a crime fighter, she simply wanted to appear as Batman for a brief second and it worked, as the case goes on, she gets deeper into the situation. She doesn't actually decide to make it more of a daily thing until the next episode with Catwoman. I love Two-Face episodes, so this is always a fun set of episodes to watch. In terms of Batman not going to the ralley to show the respect to Gordon, it bothers me a bit. Now, he does want to keep a mystic, which is what it should be, but in "Moon of the Wolf" he goes to Romulus' house to recieve a charity check, so if he was concerned for mystic, he wouldn't have ever gone there. I give this episodes 6 out of 10

Blind As A Bat, this is another of the few episodes I enjoyed of The Penguin, now while I also cringed the way Bruce reveals to Alfred that he is blind, it seems so much like a forced dramatic scene. I agree completely that Bruce should have just had Robin take care of things. I mean this once again is why Dick eventually goes solo as Nightwing, because Bruce will never stop treating like a sidekick. 6 out of 10.