Randomness

Missy

Wil Wheaton is a nice guy.

Back in 1988, 8-year-old Teresa Juniso sent off $12.00 to join Wil Wheaton's official fan club ... and waited ... and waited. Finally, 21 years later, the Star Trek: The Next Generation star fulfilled her order—and delivered a heart-felt apology as well.

When Wheaton heard last year how his now defunct fan club had disappointed Jusino, he dug up a complete membership kit to WilPower and sent it along with an amusing mea culpa, which read in part:

Dear 8 year-old Teresa,

I wanted to apologize to you for making you wait so long to get your official WilPower fanclub membership kit. You see, 15 year-old me is very busy with work and school, and the people who were responsible for getting your membership kit mailed back to you must have made a mistake.

wilwheatonapologythumb5.jpg

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10:54:16 PM Preston: Remake Dr. Horrible.

10:54:24 PM Hannah: Even more reason she would work as Emma Frost.

10:54:24 PM Preston: Iron Man is Doc.

10:54:32 PM Preston: Cap is Penny.

10:54:37 PM Preston: Thor is Hammer.

10:54:41 PM Hannah: ...I didn't know you wrote slashfic. :P

10:54:46 PM Preston: "VERILY, THE HAMMER IS MY PENIS!"

10:56:17 PM Hannah: ..And now I want to see this.

10:56:21 PM Hannah: I am fucked up. :P

10:56:35 PM Preston: Freeze Armor.

10:56:39 PM Preston: Tell your friends.

10:56:56 PM Hannah: Cap being all hippie and oblivious.

10:57:22 PM Preston: I'd actually love to see Cap like, threaten people into signing the petition.

10:58:21 PM Preston: 'I killed a Nazi with the broken off heel of my boot, and you can't sign a petition for the homeless? What was I fighting for anyway... ...should have just let Hitler win"

10:58:31 PM Hannah: HAH

10:58:58 PM Hannah: I WILL GUILT YOU WITH THE PATRIOTISM

10:58:58 PM Preston: War Machine can be Moist.

10:59:15 PM Hannah: You realize, I may be posting this on E2 at some point. :P

10:59:18 PM Preston: "At my most badass, I'm covered in guns and 90's muscles"

10:59:39 PM Hannah: Need anything made more diverse?

10:59:46 PM Preston: HAH.

10:59:49 PM Preston: I'm black.

10:59:54 PM Preston: That's huge points with the ELE.

10:59:56 PM Hannah: ...That's my superpower.

11:00:04 PM Hannah: Oh god, we are such horrible people.

11:00:09 PM Preston: Meh.

11:00:28 PM Preston: "At my most badass, I make people feel white guilt."

11:00:48 PM Hannah: Oh, so, who all would be in the League?

11:01:00 PM Hannah: Dr. Strange, methinks

11:01:02 PM Preston: RICHAAAARDS.

11:01:13 PM Preston: Pretty much the Illuminati.

11:01:33 PM Hannah: So, Richards, Xavier, Dr Strange, who was the other person?

11:01:38 PM Preston: Namor.

11:01:46 PM Hannah: Namor is Bad Horse.

11:02:06 PM Preston: His name fits.

11:02:18 PM Hannah: NAMOR! NAMOR! NAMOR! NAMOR!

11:02:46 PM Preston: 'He swims beneath the ocean, Marvel's first mutant..."

11:03:06 PM Hannah: [same up until]

11:03:19 PM Preston: Hah

11:03:53 PM Hannah: So make Namore gleeful, or he'll make you his dolbitch?

11:04:16 PM Preston: Haha

11:04:38 PM Preston: Doom and Richards as Doc and Cap is hilarious, too.

11:04:53 PM Hannah: Oh god, that might be even better.

11:05:09 PM Preston: The Rubber Band is my penis.

11:05:16 PM Preston: RICHAAAAARDS!

11:05:23 PM Hannah: Sue is Penny.

11:05:37 PM Preston: Wait, even better.

11:05:42 PM Preston: Peter is Doc.

11:05:45 PM Preston: Parker.

11:05:50 PM Hannah: ....

11:05:51 PM Preston: MJ is Penny.

11:05:54 PM Preston: Quesada is Hammer.

11:05:56 PM Hannah: GWEN.

11:06:05 PM Hannah: Oh my god.

11:06:10 PM Hannah: This so needs to be written.

11:06:21 PM Preston: "The Editor's Chair is my penis."

11:06:36 PM Hannah: Mephisto.

11:06:42 PM Hannah: Mephisto is the sequel.

11:06:54 PM Preston: More like Moist-phisto

11:07:53 PM Hannah: No, Harry is Moist.

11:08:01 PM Preston: HAH

11:08:13 PM Hannah: Need money thrown at anything?

11:08:31 PM Preston: At my most badass, I make children afraid of drugs.

11:08:43 PM Hannah: No, that's your Dad.

11:08:54 PM Preston: Harry OD-ed.

11:09:00 PM Hannah: Harry-Moist: ...*skulks into a corner*

11:09:07 PM Preston: Drugs actually killed him.

11:09:13 PM Hannah: Fair

11:09:54 PM Preston: "At my most bad-ass, I'm incredibly rich and nail a red-hot supermodel... oh wait. That's actually pretty badass."

11:11:50 PM Preston: "Seriously, Pete, fuck your problems, I'm gonna go throw it in some nameless skanks and buy a private jet."

11:12:34 PM Hannah: Who's the league here, then?

11:12:45 PM Preston: The Avengers:

11:13:09 PM Hannah: Cap is Bad Horse, then?

^Funny^

A friend and I just watched every Britney Spears video ever made. I'd never seen most of them, but she'd seen them all. It went from "hey, this is kinda catchy and funny" (Hit Me Baby) to "that's kinda hot" (Toxic) and then "okay, that's just gross" (pretty much everything after that).

Now we're on an Avril Lavigne video marathon. It's so weird to actually be watch/listening to something of quality, albeit shoved through an angst-filter.

And now, more fun dealing with TSA questions, bought to you by travelling abroad for four months!

-If I'm bringing a laptop in a laptop bag, but putting books and other electronics/miscellaneous documents/etc in there, will that be okay, or would they prefer just the laptop be in the bag?

-If I'm bringing four month's worth of a pill medication, should I declare it in the security line?

And now, more fun dealing with TSA questions, bought to you by travelling abroad for four months!

-If I'm bringing a laptop in a laptop bag, but putting books and other electronics/miscellaneous documents/etc in there, will that be okay, or would they prefer just the laptop be in the bag?

-If I'm bringing four month's worth of a pill medication, should I declare it in the security line?

When you go through security you have to take out your laptop and put it in a separate bin to be scanned. So no, It doesn't matter what is in the bag.

No, Just put it in a zip lock baggie and you'll be fine. Just an FYI, all liquids must be less than 4 ounces, and be put in a plastic zip lock baggie.

When you go through security you have to take out your laptop and put it in a separate bin to be scanned. So no, It doesn't matter what is in the bag.

No, Just put it in a zip lock baggie and you'll be fine. Just an FYI, all liquids must be less than 4 ounces, and be put in a plastic zip lock baggie.

fyi, they may ask you to turn on your laptop to show that it's an actual laptop. Putting it in sleep mode will make it go faster instead of waiting on it to boot all the way. The people behind you in line will appreciate it. Also, tape a card with your name on it to the bottom of it to help identify it so you don't pick up someone else's laptop at the security checkpoint by accident. The most important thing is to never let it out of your site.

I've got three fairly obvious stickers on my Mac, so I should be good.

And okay, sleep mode, can do. I can probably just shut it off once I'm through security.

Yeah, I think that people in line are gonna hate me, I'm going abroad for four months.

They twitchy about any other kinds of electronics? My external hard drive is probably going to be in my carry-on, along with my camera/iPod/iPhone/flashdrive in the laptop bag.

I've got three fairly obvious stickers on my Mac, so I should be good.

And okay, sleep mode, can do. I can probably just shut it off once I'm through security.

Yeah, I think that people in line are gonna hate me, I'm going abroad for four months.

They twitchy about any other kinds of electronics? My external hard drive is probably going to be in my carry-on, along with my camera/iPod/iPhone/flashdrive in the laptop bag.

Just our computer, everything else can stay in your bag. Everything has to be taken out of your pockets though. Well, everything metal that is.